gnats

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stevocanfly, Oct 7, 2017.

1. i have a gnat problem and have heard about using dish soap. how much should i use? income is tight, cant get the gnat stuff just yet, but am trying to find something i can do right now with what i have..

2. Check out hydrogen peroxide. Heard it works well. And good for plant. I've had good results with nuke em. If u can get it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. i did a 1-4 ratio of peroxide , didnt seem to help and im afraid tht it ill kill all the microbes, i keep hearing contradicting info about using peroxide

4. i have a gnat problem and have heard about using dish soap. how much should i use? income is tight, cant get the gnat stuff just yet, but am trying to find something i can do right now with what i have..

5. i would put a fan blowin near the bottom of the plant should help
    and if that dont work i'd buy sand from home depot .. cover the top of the soil with a 1-2" layer.. then another layer a few days later if needed ..
    i didnt wanna buy the gnat products either

• Like Like x 1
  6. right , i dont want to se any pesticide at all. i have heard about using sand on the top, so i will give it a try. i usually have my fan going, but for a few days i didnt use it directly on it, thats when i noticed the adults, since putting the fan back on it, i see a lot less adults. do you think aerating would be bad or good?

7. aerating the sand? im sure that would help with the whole water not draining well with sand on top thing .. i didnt have that issue though when i used sand … but after harvest i try to take most the sand off the top of the soil .. so i can recycle the soil.. just me being picky.. i'd keep the fan blowing on plant 24/7 makes stems strong

8. I have never had any luck with hydrogen peroxide and fungus gnats larvae. I do three drenches with Gnatrol BTI for the larvae and yellow stickies for the adult flyers. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You can also put a layer of play sand over the top of your soil 2 in

10. I've been aerating the soiled for the past couple of days and hopes that it would try it out just a little bit

Sent from my SM-T550 using Grasscity Forum mobile app