gnats

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stevocanfly, Oct 5, 2017.

1. i have read about using hydrogen peroxide, good or bad idea. i just want to get rid of these things before they start to ruin my plant

2. Peroxide can kill beneficial microbes in your soil. Pick up some gnat nix. This stuff is great. Took care of my gnat problem.

This isnt a recommendation to buy here, just so you could see the product. You can probably pick it up at your local hydro store

3. awesome thank you so much

• Like Like x 1
  4. No problem. You can also add it into your soil for aeration too. It's super lightweight. Almost as light as perlite and doesn't float. The grow stone's come in other sizes too. If you grow outdoors, you can put a layer around your plants and if you have slugs in your area, they won't cross the stuff. And doesn't wash away as easy as d.e.

5. that realy helps i cant think you enough gonna go grab some asap

6. It's easy too, add 3/4 inch on top of the soil. The stuff is so light, when you lift your pots to see if they need a drink, it won't add any additional weight.

7. I never had luck with hydrogen peroxide. I do 3 drenches with Gnatrol BTI which kills the larvae and yellow stickies for the adult fliers.

8. ive noticed that apple cider vinegar doesnt seem to help. i just had a lil cup of it to try and get the adults