GMD Appreciation Thread [pics&vids]

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by blackbur, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Wow i'm really stoked about getting some gmd now... Maybe i can snag a "2nd" piece and get me a deal cuz i'm only willing to spend about 120

2. my 2nds was only 70 dollars including shipping.

3. My friends "2nd" was 110 shipped..I don't think you'll have any problem spending <120. It's good to hear that they have the larger kiln up and running...I'm dying to see a more full sized showerline tube.

4. I dont like their lowered diffusers but thats just me.

I wanna get a waffle/ice cube just like this tube but not lowered. I think it would stack bubbles better than the showerline.. Hopefully they can hook me up with this and a disc diffused bowl for under a 100 bucks but if i have to ill spend 100 :smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7yzKRO2QOg]YouTube - GMD showerline - day 1[/ame]

5. #105 givemepurple, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    Should be pickin up my lowered/gridded mini stemless inline today. Pretty excited. Pictures will be done. :] wooo!

Edit: I don't really like the lowered diffusers for the same reason, I just needed a new piece before 4/20 :p. Should be ordering a custom soon :).

6. Well... I like them lowered, and it was my piece so.....

I wonder who got my white lipped ice cube...

7. BTW I saw that white lipped ice cube and on their FB and thought "oh shit that's DRs!" but then realized it wasn't a showerline...so is that the first one they made you?

My ice cube is on the way, cant wait to get it...so stoked! Oversized (50mm) can, should be awesome.

8. Yeah, that was mine at first... but then went with the showerline... wish I couldve grabbed both lol

I got the same size can :)

9. In the future after hes done knocking out the custom orders(mini bubs). I'm sure he wants to experiment with some different ideas/sizes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWPvc3QcnnU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 50x38mm Showerline 3.23.11.AVI[/ame]
    your talking about something like this?

10. My icecube/waffle is lowered also..from what I've seen it stacks a little better than the normal icecube/waffle. Its on the bottom of the can and it just purrs man..but in the end its up to you man..check out their facebook and look at their 2nd's most are priced under $100..mainly because of cosmetics. A Disc diffused bowl will probably be normal price..would be best to send them another email.:)

11. #111 ty14, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
    OK so i have about 250 to blow now... Is gmd honestly worth spending that money there or should i go with boro market?

12. if you have patience..you could probably get something heavily worked and awesome.

Probably can buy at least 3 2nd pieces.

In my opinion its worth it..good glass and great customer service..willing to go out of their way to make sure your satisfied.

13. Blackbur, I meant taller stuff...closer to fullsize ice cubes/showerlines, instead of the minis.

With that kinda cash you should check ALT (google "aqua lab tech"). Tons of things that fit into your price range.

Or, get something sweet for GMD for cheap, use the rest for extra bud ;)

Also, here's a pic of my ice cube that's in the mail...is this baby lowered? It looks like it prob is...

[​IMG]

Damn, cant wait to get it!!!!!!!!

14. ahh by bigger i thought you were talking about the width and bore etc etc..yes taller pieces are possible with the large kilns. :D

15. How long is there waiting period? I need something for this summer... I may just go with boro... But i like gmd's work. If i drop all that money in gmd i'm sure they'd give me freebies and stuff also.

16. do you have a pic of the bottom..it looks like a normal icecube but i cant tell if its touching the bottom of the can.

17. Estimated start date is in June.

18. Nah I just meant taller. And nice! Cant wait to see what he starts cranking out.

Like blackbur said, June. Only downside to custom orders with GMD: prepare to wait. That's a good thing though - shows how popular they are. Get something sick with some color...for $250 there's almost no limit to what he could do for you.

That's the best pic sadly :/. Either way, I cant wait :D!

19. either way normal or lowered you will have a pretty sweet bub. :smoke:

20. Can somebody PM me GMD's facebook? I can't seem to find it anywhere