GMD and downstem question. Need your help!

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Stonedpanda85, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Hey GC, I need your help with two things.

I'm thinking about placing an order with Glassmansdoll on etsy and want to know 1. What kind of downstem should I get? I want to minimize drag but mostly just try and improve the clear, I've included a picture of the piece it's going on, its 18mm. I was thinking something like 4 or 5 gridded rows, a showerhead or maybe like a 4arm downstem, what do you guys think would be the best one? Oh and the issue is that it has to be 9 5" inches long so please don't tell me to go look on ALT haha. Also, if you guys have any ideas for other downstem ideas that would be good feel free to let me know!!

My second question, I really like GMD's work but in some of the pictures it appears as if some of the glass is a bit bumpy or wavy and isn't totally smooth, however it could just be the pictures so I wanted to ask you guys if you've bought anything from GMD, what is it/hows the quality/is it bumpy at all or is it totally smooth? I'm getting a SHAC from him and just want to make sure the quality is on par. I'm also interested in one of his inlines and I included a picture of it, but as you can see on the curved part coming down from the slide joint looks a bit bumpy in certain spots.

Thanks so much for your help!

Attached Files:

2. chances are the bumpy work are seconds, not firsts...I would go with the showerhead downstem as swell as matching shac