Glycerine tube value

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by slackbus, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Hey all, I've been looking extensively into glycerine tubes because I really want to try out the chilling effect but my friends discourage me from buying a glycerin coil, calling it an overpriced gimmick. I understand that it ultimately comes down to personal preference but what's the community consensus on the value of a glycerin pipe.
    Is 425 for a pure reasonable? 900 for a pink illadelph beaker? ~250(?) from make-a-pipe parts? 160 from semi-sketchy (quality-wise) seller? I know that the radical price differences are caused bybrand hype...but if I'm spending so much anyway should I go all in to get the highest quality?

2. you don't necessarily need to get the biggest brand name, just look for solid American glass, no china glass, it will just break. I have an 18 to 18 little coil made by Flawless on my 2010bc bubbler, really cools it down. But a lot of the glycerine toobs are really expensive, you can get cooler scientific glass for the same price. But it is up to you. I would try to find someone with a G-coil so you can try it out before you invest

3. cool but over hyped, get a nice gridded or showerhead tube itll hit 10x better.

4. i wouldnt get a coil as my primary smoking device. my friend has one and its just a hassle going back and forth to the freezer. if you have another solid piece of glass that you use as your everyday smoker than go ahead and get the coil. but the coil is something to smoke on occasion in my opinion.