Glycerin Tincture

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by sedated&medicated, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and mostly to making tinctures as well. I have been vapeing with e cigs for the past 6 months or so, and I have been experimenting with the idea of extracting THC into glycerin and using it as a base in my e juices.  I've made a couple batches, and they've come out "Okay", I'm just not getting the, "What the fuck is this?!?" effect that I'm looking for.  It gives a pretty mellow body buzz, and I'm wondering if this is all that I can get with this. Here is the process I'm using, any tips, tricks, or wisdomatic incite would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

1. Grind 3.5g of great bud
    2. Decarb in oven at roughly 240 degrees F for 30 mins in covered dish
    3. Add 35.7ml of glycerin, and put in crockpot, recover, and leave in on the low setting for 12 hours
    4. Remove, strain, and enjoy :)

2. I too am playing with doing this in an eGo-T liquid vape pen.  I made a batch today of some keify crap from a plant that died on me, mixed into some cotton candy 0% Nicotine eJuice.  

Do you notice it gets stronger as it sits?  When I vaped like half of the 1.6ml tube, I got kind of a "hrm, fuckit" feeling, but looking for so much more as well lol

3. P.s.- I did notice a little increase in strength as it sits, and also, Please hook me up with some Blue Cheese lol That shit is my favorite strain EVER!!!

4. I can't for the BC, indica cup winner and I've seen that reaction all over haha.

I'm sipping on the vape, i feel kinda relaxed but no high. Did before bed, and I woke up from a HARD sleep today lol

Sent from my Galaxy S III

5. I've tried like hell to edit that post...

"I can't wait for the Bc" lol. Got some THC Bomb in veg too :smoking:

As to not be a useless post, this is what I vape lol
    1372718558579.jpg

The goo turned into resin around the mouth piece heh

6. #6 BadKittySmiles, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    This is what you're looking for.....

E-cigs: A 'How To' - With Canna

&

Photo Tutorial: Med Grade Glycerin Tincture

Making a tincture that is effective orally at the e-cig dose you need (ie. taking into consideration realistically just how little e-juice you usually vape) is just the first step, but even compared to an oral tincture it's especially crucial that the process is finished when making an e-cig solution, otherwise, similar to how it's a less efficient carrier for oral absorption if the process is left unfinished to any degree, the glycerin can't behave as a vapor carrier for the cannabinoids meaning many are entirely left behind, while others may not remain held in the vapor for long enough to travel down the pen... at least when consuming the same dose orally you'll be getting those stray cannabinoids into your body, and once there, they have some chance of being absorbed into your system if they haven't been properly bonded, but when a tincture is left unfinished and it's then used in e-cigs, particularly those meant to handle glycerin based solutions and not concentrates, the temperatures they reach are not capable of carrying the full range of cannabinoids on their own, without being fully bonded to the glycerin.

It's also worth mentioning that concentrate specific pens which are capable of reaching near-combustion temps should typically not be used with glycerin solutions, even though they may help carry cannabinoids more effectively if a pen is particularly weak, or verging on being defective; this is because upon approaching combustion temperatures, glycerin begins to form toxic acrolein.
     This is why, although it's safe for vaping (and it's even dispersed in vapor form throughout many modern hospital ventilation systems, to help keep things healthy and sterile, where it is bacteriostatic, and it's found in many plants, foods, and is even produced by the human body), but it's NOT safe for very high temp vaping or smoking. It's also why there is controversy surrounding glycerin and its use in modern hookah shisha, where so many people use hookahs improperly, and at temperatures much higher than they were meant to be used considering the material being used.

Anyhow, moving on to happier things :) Some photo excerpts from the above tutorials...
    <span>[​IMG]</span>

Concentrates and hash are ideal for making glycerin tincture that you intend on using in an e-cigarette personal vaporizer.... these tinctures not only come out much more concentrated, but also a bit 'cleaner', than tinctures made with flowers. This reduces the wear and tear on your atomizer, and reduces or even eliminates residue and leftover debris after use.

<span>[​IMG]</span>

<span>[​IMG]</span>

It can also be used in standard fog machines for large gatherings, or even for filling volcano/oven bags for direct hits...

<span>[​IMG]</span>

<span>[​IMG]</span>

The tincture is still just as tasty, when it's a residue left on a vape bag, as it is directly from a dropper bottle <span>[​IMG]</span>
    <span>[​IMG]</span>

For more info on the above, and using glycerin tincture in e-cigs...

E-cigs: A 'How To' - With Canna

<span>[​IMG]</span>

<span>[​IMG]</span>

<span>[​IMG]</span>

Have fun, and good luck. <span>[​IMG]</span>

7. And there it is :) Thank you soooooo very much for your input. It's exactly what I was looking for.  I was running my stuff waaaayyy too hot.  The potency is exactly where it needs to be, and I no longer feel the need to take pain meds after a long day of work, this stuff works amazingly.  You truly are a life saver (And wallet). Thank you kindly.

8. Thanks a ton Badkittysmiles :metal: I have read, read, and reread your posts, and same with the youtube channel :)