Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gluten Free Rolling Papers

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by garrison68, Jan 9, 2009.

1. #1 garrison68, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
    As anybody with Celiac Disease, Gluten Intolerance, Gluten Sensitivity, or Wheat Allergy can tell you, gluten is everywhere, even in cigarette papers. It can be in the paper itself, or the glue. I remember "Wheat Straw" papers, years ago. If they are actually made of wheat, then they're not acceptable to those who cannot consume it. Tops and Job papers contain gluten.

As best as I have been able to ascertain through the grapevine, RIZLA papers are all gluten-free. This is fortunate, because they are relatively easy to find in the U.S. and Europe, and they are a quality product. Other popular types are probably gluten free, but the information is not readily available. It would be of benefit to both the rolling paper manufacuterers and the consumers if this information was published.

Hopefully, the rolling paper manufacturers will eventually put "gluten free" on the packaging of the products in this category, like many food companies are now doing.

2. Go with RAW papers.

They're great, unbleached too, where as Rizla, I believe, are bleached.

Peace
    panes

3. #3 garrison68, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009

Thank you very much for the information, but I would still be concerned about gluten in the paper or the glue, until there is some evidence that it is not present. I may contact RAW and ask them about it.

If they can verify that it's gluten free, I'll post the information here.

Edit:
    I just read up on RAW papers - they're made of rice, flax, and a sugar-based glue. If these are all the ingrediants, then they're gluten-free.

4. Hmm.. I'm Celiac/Gluten Intolerant and never gave that a thought. (Although I generally prefer to use glass.) Good info, thanks.

5. Stay away from things made by others. Get a glass pipe - small bowl with six inch stem works well. Keep it clean and you will not get those tar hits.

Or may I suggest a vaporizer? Look below for good products with good deals. You may request a medical discount as sometimes there are specials running.

http://GreatVape.com

clinton

6. I hear you!

I vape exclusivly these days, with my HerbalAire. It's much healthier, and economical. i haven 't used papers since getting the vaporizer. I don't want to waste today's quality weed in a joint, but if I ever run across some mids or whatever, I'd like to roll and smoke one just for old times sake.

7. I use an HA also - but still love to puff a joint.

clinton

8. Abit off topic i know, but do you think Dutches have gluten in them?

9. my favorite papers are aLeda, which claim to be all natural. i couldn't find any info if they contained gluten, but i thought i'd let you know about them just in case they are.

10. No idea, but I don't smoke tobacco because of all the chemicals in it. Those flavored ones I am willing to bet have gluten in whatever they flavor them with.

Glass is the way to go if smoking, or vape! :hello:

11. anybody know if Elements, RAW, or Bob Marley papers are gluten free?

12. aLeda should be gluten free, considering they are made of hemp cellulose, and contain no glue.

13. you see wasting...I see toking the most natural way possible and (in my opinion), the most enjoyable. I think its the nostalgia of earlier days or something, or the pleasure of perfecting the craft and being able to roll the most perfect J's, but I gotta say I love the shit.

Damn, got all poetic there....mo-fuckin vaporizer....gone n fucked my whole night up!:D

14. I really like Mein Fun, but I don't know of any GF eggrolls.I bet they have gluten in the glue as well but I wanted to see if anyone had done the research. I have tried to pull searches up on the internet and they are inconclusive.Most gluten free versions of dough end up more like batter and therefore cannot be rolled.Smash the ball with your hand and sprinkle dough with rice flour.