Gluten-free and got the munchies

Discussion in 'General' started by bahookahjoe18, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Oh god.

Recently learned I'm gluten-intolerant. Can't have any wheat now.

Every delicious junk food is made with wheat damn it!

I need some munchies so bad Blades... :(

2. I'm ignorant here.
    What is the consequence if you eat gluten?

3. #3 bahookahjoe18, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    A lot of things.

Heartburn
    Nausea
    Indigestion
    Upset stomach
    Diarrhea

It makes my small intestine inflamed so I don't absorb nutrients also. Malnourishment is the worst consequence in my opinion.

edit: If you have Type O blood and frequently suffer from heartburn, try going without wheat for a few days and see if it clears up. People of Irish, English, and Mediterranean descent more commonly suffer from gluten intolerance.

4. I believe he will spawn other creatures from his own body who transform into small, destructive, evil monsters. I might be wrong.

5. you will need pepto bismo my friend, pro tip- i know it tastes good, but dont drink all of it even though your really really want to. :eek:

6. When I ate gluten, only aloe vera could ease the pain and discomfort.

The best cure? Stop eating gluten.

7. Aw man, that's a major bummer. I did some google searching to help you out, but it was all stuff you have to bake or make yourself. :(
    It said Jello and pudding is gluten free. Also like trailmix(hippies delight) I think plain unflavored chips are gluten free, at least some.

8. step 1: eat said non gluten-free food
    step 2: drink Pepto-bismal.
    step 3: try not to shit your pants while sitting on the couch because you are to stoned to get up.

9. Haha, thanks dude.

The thing is, I don't really have any food right now anyway, haha. I got the munchkins so baddddd.

I got some potato chips but don't feel like eating them. I wish I had a big mango or something! Damn....

It's a lot more serious than that dude. I didn't know how hugely it was affecting my overall wellbeing until I recently stopped eating it. I'm just now starting to feel better after having felt inexplicably fatigued and depressed for months. I was eating a balanced diet but still felt like shit so I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Malnutrition really fucks with you.

10. Speaking of that, do you lend any credence to a Mango increasing your high? '
    Cause if so, I'll go on the gluten free mango plentiful diet right now.

11. despite the painful aspect of having a gluten intolerance, I'd say you're options are bountiful! fresh fruits are always awesome after a good toke(at least in my opinion), or sauteed/roasted vegetables.. maybe try experimenting making dips! garlicky hummus is epic snackage when you pair it with some cold veggies or even on gluten free toast to make a killer sandwich! I have a friend that suffers from Celiac and I know she has some really good gluten free bread options.
    mah gahd this post made me freaking crave roasted butternut squash topped with butter and maple syrup with roasted cashews. I hope you find peace with your afflictions OP :smoke:

12. I usually try to eat something mango-ey before I smoke.

The evidence sounds plausible, and even if it's not true, I still get placebo-higher.

Oh god, you just rubbed it in my face that I don't have ingredients for any kind of food at all right now. If it wasn't cold and nighttime I'd go get some greens from my yard. I just need to sleep I suppose.

13. Dude, tacos. Crunchy tacos. The shells are corn!

14. Corn most of the time. Even then sometimes if they're cheap shells they'll sneak some gluten in there under the guise of "modified food starch", and may even be as bold as to put "enriched wheat flour" in a "corn tortilla."

I can't eat the corn chips available to me because they have wheat :mad:

15. Rice crackers... PICK SOME UP!

16. Hmmm popcorn? Fruit? Fried green tomatoes?

17. My mom has the same thing accept when she eats stuff containing gluten she gets flu like symptoms and gets horrible red rashes all over her body . It's called celiac, more restaurants and stuff need to offer gluten free food its hard to find it and if you do it's expensive as hell . It's why most people with celiac are skinny. Learn to cook brother N make sure you read the labels of everything properly . Learn about gluten free cooking . It's really delicate for example if I touched a loaf of bread then touched a gluten free dish you were serving without washing my hands it would be considered contaminated,'it really is that sensitive

18. #18 treelover, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    Hi there,
    I am also gluten intolerant! I get hives, throw up, and was getting really sick for a about a year until I learned what was wrong.
    It seems like it sucks but don't worry there are plently of things you can eat. And its better then getting sick all the time ^.^
    They make gluten free baking mixes for things like brownies,cookies,cakes,pancakes ect.

You can look up online if something is safe if "wheat" isn't listed it doesn't always mean it is, and there are websites that can help.

POPCORN! Get the seed kind not the kind in the bag, just in case flavorings have gluten. You can always have popcorn yum :)

Gluten free corn chips,potato chips

You just have to go to the store and check it out, bear in mind the gluten free stuff is a little more expensive, so try out the baking mixes so you will have a lot more.

You can even look up what candy is safe, a few I know are:sweedish fish, baby ruth!..ect! Some brands claim certain candies are made without gluten but durring halloween time its questionable because of how much candy they are making cross contamination can be an issue.

There are snacks don't worry!

19. fuckin bummer man, but congrats on finding out what was up. it'll make you a much healthier person anyway not bothering with most junk foods, they taste good at the time but are just pure shit, really.

my mum can't really do the whole wheat thing too well either but like the guy above said there's a whole bunch of tasty shit out there still. my mates dads a coeliac (sp?) and he gets these cocunut biscuit fuckers....delicious. hah

20. [quote name='"mr man fan"']fuckin bummer man, but congrats on finding out what was up. it'll make you a much healthier person anyway not bothering with most junk foods, they taste good at the time but are just pure shit, really.

my mum can't really do the whole wheat thing too well either but like the guy above said there's a whole bunch of tasty shit out there still. my mates dads a coeliac (sp?) and he gets these cocunut biscuit fuckers....delicious. hah[/quote]

Not a guy ^.^
    Just saying :D
    Ooo baked apples yummmyyy.
    Oh and make sure you check ice cream its not always gluten free! I leanred that :( lol