Global warming

Discussion in 'General' started by SSHaze, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Hey guys, if you care about global warming i want to give you a reminder about the special on cnn tonight at 9est. Its called planet in peril. if you guys ever saw planet earth its similair. This is supposed to show some of the real damage we have done to the planet thus far. Its a 2 part special, 2 hours each day. Part 2 is tomorrow at 9est on cnn. Note** if you dont care feel free to tell me "gtfo" peace :wave:

2. Nothing but propaganda meant to scare people into joining the global warming religion. If they didn't declare debate over that would be one thing, but the way they try to stifle debate and attack scientists who don't agree just raises all kinds of red flags. Not to mention this kind of climate hysteria seem to pop up constantly throughout human history.

John Stossel articulated this very well on ABC news the other night.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/uO9laiUXS1o&rel=1

3. yea you're right. The fact that 26% of the north pole has melted is all propoganda. Boo global warming or the terrorist win. You must be a john thompson supporter for president, or rudy? which one is it?

4. If you don't think global warming is having a very significant effect on the Earth's climate, then you're just being ignorant. The evidence is staring us right in the face.

5. What does it take to make people realize, i just dont understand. The extreme hurricane we are having are all the biggest in history, the climate is changing so rapidly. Look at georgia, they have NO WATER. There are pictures of the dried up lakes because they are having their worst draught in HISTORY. Look what is happening in sandiego, this fire is uncontrolable. I just dont understand. Im surprised you had enough sense to try pot in the first place.

6. Uh...

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/306/5702/1686
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6321351.stm
    http://www.aas.org/governance/resolutions.php
    http://www.royalsociety.org/displaypagedoc.asp?id=13619

Even Fox: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249659,00.html

There's hundreds of more links if you want them

7. I think some people have "tough guy syndrome." They assume not killing things and liking the planet is a bad thing.

8. I'm watching it :)

9. You're taking things that are not at all unique to this time in history and blaming it on man made global warming. You mention Hurricanes, yet for 2 years we haven't had one! It just goes to show that we don't know that much about how our planet works.

You should all be more worried about what these people plan to do with the power they gain over you through this new religion.

EDIT: Also, I love the "he doesn't beleive in man made global warming, so he must watch fox!" Some of you guys are no different than a backwoods hick when it comes to ignorance.

10. Way to generalize an entire group of people because they believe different than you.

Have you guys even looked at this logically? It's a common fact that the northwest passage used to be open and talked about by vikings and the inuit all the time, but when more modern explorers tried to go through it they found it was completely impossible to navigate through because it was frozen solid. It's only now starting to open up again. More and more they're finding viking encampments in greenland and iceland that were under metres of permafrost. Unless the viking chose to make their encampments thirty feet under the hard frozen ground, it's obvious that that wasn't there before. A big point that global warming believers made was that something like 8 of the hottest years in history were in the 90s. But someone actually completely debunked that using records from the 30s saying that many of them were actually in that period. How can it be so hot in the 30s, almost as hot as it is in this period, when there was obviously less carbon in the atmosphere than there is now? I thought there was a causality? Volcanoes emit more carbon into the atmosphere than in one eruption than i will in my entire life. Factories in north america probably 100 times, factories in china 1000 times. I am a huge advocat of keeping our environment clean and using products that will biodegrade, etc., but i just can't buy global warming. We should still stop using oil though, cause it's gonna run out and it's polluting our environment anyway.

11. did i say SOME people or ALL of the people?

12. I wish people weren't so intent on proving themselves to be correct, and more intent on discovering the real truth, even if that contradicts what they have believed in their whole life.

I don't know what to believe. And thanks to people like this, I probably never will. I really just wish both sides would shut up and work together to figure out what is, or isn't, going on with the world. I'll also add that watching fellow potheads call each other names for not believing in X or Y is pretty fucking ironic.

13. I agree with the above post 100%. I just dont understand why they come out screaming propoganda and "new religion" whatever the hell that means.

14. Well said dude. I agree.

15. x2 man

16. This is a joke. I don't want to get into this arguement (survivorman is on). But you guys have to be completely ignorant to the natural world to say that the world isn't heating up, and the co2 in the atmosphere has increased. Watch the 11th hour, or an inconvenient truth and tell me every one of those scientists are wrong.

17. There are plenty of scientists who think the earth could be warming for a variety of other reasons. Some of which who are on the list of scientists who beleive its man made, because their names were used against their wishes. Why is it that you and the global warming movement are so set on blaming man kind and shutting up anyone who says otherwise?

Listen man, the earth is warming and there is no doubt about it. I've noticed it since I was a kid growing up and noticing the summer getting longer and longer. That doesn't mean it is because man is some kind of evil anti-earth force! You have to stop and think about the ramifications of letting these powerful people blame man. You have to step back and listen to the scientists who are proposing other ideas because there IS debate no matter how much you don't want there to be.

18. But you cannot deny that humanity is negativley affecting the earth we live on. In fact we have driven countless species to extinction, and pumped immense amounts of carbon dioxide into the air. Not to mention we have destroyed so much of the natural rainforests and vegitation that convert c02 into o2.

C'mon, its common sense people.

19. yea how come everyone is some set on it being humans fault??? i dont get it people dont understand the earth and that this is what it does NATURALLY for it's entire 4.5 BILLION YEAR LIFE TIME!!!!

20. But Industrialization And Pollutant Chemicals Have Only Been Around For 100 Years!

-.-