Global Warming is a hoax?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mire, Aug 1, 2012.

1. TEN MYTHS of Global Warming - Global Warming Hysteria

Carbon dioxide levels have indeed changed for various reasons, human and otherwise, just as they have throughout geologic time. Since the beginning of the industrial revolution, the CO2 content of the atmosphere has increased. The RATE of growth during this period has also increased from about 0.2% per year to the present rate of about 0.4% per year,which growth rate has now been constant for the past 25 years. However, there is no proof that CO2 is the main driver of global warming. As measured in ice cores dated over many thousands of years, CO2 levels move up and down AFTER the temperature has done so, and thus are the RESULT OF, NOT THE CAUSE of warming. Geological field work in recent sediments confirms this causal relationship. There is solid evidence that, as temperatures move up and down naturally and cyclically through solar radiation, orbital and galactic influences, the warming surface layers of the earth's oceans expel more CO2 as a result.

CO2 constitutes about 0.037% of the atmosphere.

Everything's a lie. Run while you can. :confused:

2. #2 1badbruce, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    Think of all the hundreds of billions of dollars earmarked for global warming reasearch & implementation of government programs.
    As for private business concers Al Gore is a perfect example. When he ran for VP in 2002 he was worth an estimated 2 to 4 million. Nine years latter he worth is an estimated 100 to 200 million dollars due to his movie, the global warming fraud & the investment stake given him by global warming start ups wanting their agenda pushed before the American government.
    The money trail leads you to what this is about.

edit: there hasn't been a day in earth's history that global warming/cooling hasn't taken place.

3. Everything is connected.

4. I have taken a couple geography courses on this subject.

It sounds to me that they are disproving the evidence based on the thought that our earth is variable and that these changes occur through time. But more as a cycle to and away from equilibrium. And that the climate is based on the sun, not the people.

I guess the high's and drought we've been having is just the sun being mad at us...

Sounds like they have a couple of scholars behind them, but, out of the articles I read in their Friends of Science site, I didn't see too many sources listed. Nor is it written in the format of most scientific articles. Scientists like sources lol

Depends on what you want to believe. I was lectured the opposite of all this lol

5. I thought everyone knew global warming was a misinterpretation. its just extreme global climate change, its happened before(ice ages) it sure as fuck doesnt help we keep cutting down trees everywhere.

6. #7 beastbeast, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    I also noticed this...

From the wiki:
    Funding

Friends of Science says they are not funded by corporations.[8] Critics have asserted that the Friends of Science has close links to the oil and gas industry.[9] The Friends of Science say their "efforts to bring balance to the climate change debate are being restricted because of our lack of funding. We have mostly relied upon the good nature of our members, with some contributions from Charitable Foundations. There has also been some funding from “big oil”. But they seldom smile on us. They appear to believe that marketing is more important than historical climate information."[10]
    Funds do not come directly from industry donors but are instead solicited for the Calgary Foundation, a charitable funds administrator which maintains a policy of not disclosing the identity of donors. The donations are then passed on to the Science Education Fund, an account at the University of Calgary set up by Prof. Barry Cooper. In the final step, the Science Education Fund uses those funds to support the activities of the Friends of Science

LMAO

That could mean they get funding from oil companies and gas companies...these people have money and power and if they can get people off their backs to allow them to freely operate, that makes their life that much sweeter

7. Yeah, but that's just one source. There are other's out there with the same belief.

8. like a year or two ago the media started calling bullshit on global warming and coincidentally all the head researchers resigned soon after

9. Wait for it ...

Global cooling

10. please name a few

11. The news gave the whole scare so much coverage but didnt do anything about how German scientists proved that the ozone layer is fixing itself overtime.