Glenn Beck plays both sides of the fence

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Brumac, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Source: By Me

See this is what pisses me off. You start enjoying someones commentary and then you begin seeing cracks in their stories. Glenn Beck recently said on his show (believe it was 20 Oct 09) that the Government will use medical marijuana to keep the rest of us in a vice, alluding that the Government will keep us all sedated and under their control (cue spooky music). That medical marijuana is becoming more and more easier to obtain these days. Regardless how you may feel about medical marijuana, or recreational use for that matter Glenn Beck has been in support of legalizing this drug! Check out this video below;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFmtirw5io8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Glenn Beck Legalize Marijuana & Stop The Violence[/ame]

Also in a transcript between Glenn Beck and Rob Kampia of the Marijuana Policy Project this is what old Glenn had to say;
    If Glenn is going to call medical marijuana a vice, then he needs to call alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, sex, and skydiving a vice! Its disappointing that he said this last night in his show, close to the end of it for those of you who have DVRs and want to fast forward to it. Glenn admits to smoking marijuana – so shouldn't he also go to jail for that or pay some hefty fine? See the hypocrisy? He used something he has been on the edge about which is legalizing marijuana and taxing it, to turn it around and spin it against the current administration. Don't get me wrong, he has a lot of interesting and valid points, but sometimes he is off balance with his views such as this case. I don't consume cannabis (on a regular basis). I will only try it in a controlled environment – such as a party. However no government should be able to tell you what you can and cannot put in your body. If your harming others by doing it then you should face the consequences of criminal charges. However, if you become addicted to a substance then it should be a medical problem and not a criminal one. Just my two cents.

2. Its an old video, saw it posted here a while ago. Not bad nonetheless.

3. I fuckin love Glenn Beck

4. You def missed the point.

5. Joke right:confused:

I cant say I hate him, but I think hes a complete douchebag.

6. hahaha fuckin glenn beck... i was watchin the o'reilly facotr for shits and giggles.. and Bill asked beck if he got a flu shot and beck declined to comment( beck has been bashing the govt saying this vaccine is poison will kill more people then it helps) you woulda figured an immediate NO out of glenns mouth when asked about recieving the shot but what to we get... a, i decline to comment on whether i got the shot, i bet you he got the shot though...

7. I'm not getting the flu shot just because I don't want to, I'm too lazy to get the fuck off the couch and haul my ass down to wherever for this damn shot... Also, nobody is forcing me to get the fucking shot so I don't see what the whole fuss is about...

8. I'm not a nut, I've gotten the flu shot but I decided to do some research. Apparently they contain this shit...

Mercury: Two-thirds of the vaccines made for the 2008–09 flu season contain full-dose thimerosal, an organomercury compound, 49% mercury by weight. It is used to disinfect the vaccine. Each of these flu shots contain 25 micrograms of mercury, a mercury content of 50,000 part per billion, 250 times more than the Environmental Protection Agency's safety limit. Mercury is a neurotoxin, with a toxicity level 1,000 times that of lead.

Formaldehyde, a known cancer-causing agent is used to inactivate the virus.

Aluminum, added to promote an antibody response,is a neurotoxin that may play a role in Alzheimer's disease.

Other additives in the flu vaccine include:
    Triton X-100 (a detergent)
    Polysorbate 80
    carbolic acid
    ethylene glycol (antifreeze)
    gelatin
    various antibiotics such as neomycin, streptomycin, and gentamicin that can cause allergic reactions

9. Glen Beck is a nut, dont take advice from a man on TV that cries all the time for ratings. He gets called out all the time by people checking facts for lieing on the air.

You might find him entertaining or funny to watch, but then so is Jerry Springer. Not exatcly where I would want to get my view of the world from.

10. I hate Glen Beck as a tv personality and this video proves it. He doesn't actually believe half the shit he says, but he is a very smart man like most other talking heads. They know if they cater and play the role they do play on TV that they are going to make an assload of money, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I was just waiting for some proof.

And how the man has gone from passionately against pot to almost gung ho in removing prohibition, it just isn't realistic. People do not change that fast.

I'm glad that he will probably change a bunch of minds, and that he is using logic in that video, but I hate Glenn Beck the personality. Hate him.

11. fuck glenn beck and the racist, lying, ignorant leftists at fox news

12. :confused::confused::confused:

I assume you mean right? It would take one hell of a right winger to see fox news as 'left.'

13. FUCK GLENN BECK

/thread:cool:

14. I like watching the glen beck hour, and the oreilly factor. I used todo it becuase i thought i could get away with calling myself "objective" if i balanced CNN with abit of fox, but all i endup doing is getting bent and yelling at the tv (especially with oreilly).

Even if Glen beck is a closet smoker (i bet he is), and supported MMJ laws, id still think hes a dick.

15. Glenn Beck is an imbecile but at times some common sense sneaks out of his mouth.

16. He does consider alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine vices.

I don't understand why you're upset with him. He is AGREEING WITH YOU that the government shouldn't be controlling what we can put in our bodies.

17. At least there is no MSG :D

18. Read the article again. I said he is against the Government making medical MJ more accessible! Because its a way for the Government to keep us sedate and under control...

19. I don;t ee how any pot smoker can agree with thesr right wing pundits. Right wingers hate pot, as all over drugs. They support the drug war 100%. Its a shame because I like right wing free market economics. Ronald reagan was the sjot exce[t how he loved the drug war.

\am messe d up right noe do this might not make a lot of sense sorry