Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass Vs. Acrylic?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by canobiecrazy, Feb 6, 2011.

1. I really want to get a bong, a glass one. But I can't just throw it into my bag and carry it around because i'd be so worried it'd break. So I think I am getting a smaller acrylic one just for on the go use.

2. you could get a special bag or do what i do and wrap it in a few shirts and a sweet shirt but you have to wrap them separate so the down-stem dont move around and the bowl dont get smashed

3. Think about getting a bubbler, much easier to ditch if you're planning on walking around with it. Should also be in the same price range

4. I really want a bub, but I can't find any here in New Zealand. Checking out a nearby glass blower within the week though, fingers crossed!

5. If you have never used a water pipe, I would start with Acrylic. You are going to make noobie mistakes like accidentally breaking it. Get used to using it first. Make mistakes on a cheap piece, THEN move on to glass. Domestic glass, not cheap import glass. Import glass blowers skip certain steps and that's why their glass breaks so easily.

When you're confident enough to upgrade, glass is the way to go. I got mine from a great site that gave me free screens, a free Kush Pad AND free shipping! I strongly recommend steel screens with your pipe. You will prevent your herb from being sucked into your water chamber. At GOOGLE type, prestige pipes use tube. There's also info on how to use screens too. It really helped me and I hope it helps you too.

Good luck with your new tube, dude!

6. Go glass. I just got my first bong. Molino, 7mm glass, 40 cm tall, straight tube. Couldn't be happier!!

Well, I guess if I already had the ash catcher I'm getting from my buddy I would be a little happier...

7. Lol

Thats the gayest bong ever!

8. Dude, nice signature!