glass v. ti oil nail?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by STilladelph, Jan 9, 2013.

1. I just bought a 45 degree 18mm adapter with glass nail and glass dome on Amazon for a pretty good deal, only $32.

I received it in the mail yesterday, then made some ISO to try it out

I heated up the nail for a good minute with a torch until it began to to have a red hue to it, then dropped a dab on the nail.....then nothing.

Didn't smoke...just bubbled and sizzled...is this common with glass nails? It seems like a cheap nail, it doesn't quite sit in the glass adapter right. It gets pretty hot but idk if hot enough.

Anybody have some input

2. Sound like it wasn't hot enough to be honest.

3. Should glass glow red hot like titanium? I don't want it to shatter in my apartment lol

4. You can go red hot with glass, it won't shatter, though it may start to melt.

5. I'll try it again after my girl gets chopped down, thanks!

6. Yeah, no problem! Just don't let any water get on the nail while it's hot.

7. I've not yet dabbed off of ti but I find my glass nail to be pretty nice.

8. torch that motherfucker til its bright red. and the nail is suppose to be kinda loose.

9. Yeah, the nail can glow red as long as it's quartz glass and not something cheap. Titanium heats up faster, and can get much hotter, so it is a lot easier to take very large dabs off of. The titanium nails can also be adjustable and come in many different sizes. Titanium is just a better product overall, if you're serious about dabbing then scoop one.

10. depends on preference. I use boro nails, and heat them for less than 30 seconds (slightly red, then let cool a few seconds), never had that problem. Could be that you didn't fully purge your stuff.

11. I double boiled it twice and put it in the oven just take make 100% sure it was purged....if that didn't do the job then Damn

12. I've dabbed with a glass nail that wasn't even red. we lit it with normal torch lighters, and it sucked..

Couldn't get a complete dab, but def got a dab.

13. Fuck glass nails. And fuck quartz nails to.

Shitty glass nails dont dab right and break easily

Quartz nails break REALLY easily. Everyone ive ever bought broke within a couple weeks.

14. Fuck glass nails, they always break on me. I went through three before i got my ti nail

15. Ti nail is the way to go

16. Actually, two weeks ago as I was heating my glass nail the head shattered while heating. It was probably a shitty nail but still is possible.

17. If you want to keep buying nails over and over again, go glass or quartz. If you want to get a good nail that will last a couple years and not taste like buttcrack every time you dab it, go TI. I dont know how anyone argues for glass or quartz, theyre terrible compared to a good ti nail. Its like deciding if youd like the airplane your flying on to be made out of paper, or metal haha

My H.E. Ti nail has been dabbed an average of every 30 mins for almost a year and its not even showing signs of wear.

18. Ok cool, I mean Ti nails aren't expensive but I don't make hash very often so when I do I don't like to waste it!

19. [quote name='"byrned420"']If you want to keep buying nails over and over again, go glass or quartz. If you want to get a good nail that will last a couple years and not taste like buttcrack every time you dab it, go TI. I dont know how anyone argues for glass or quartz, theyre terrible compared to a good ti nail. Its like deciding if youd like the airplane your flying on to be made out of paper, or metal haha

My H.E. Ti nail has been dabbed an average of every 30 mins for almost a year and its not even showing signs of wear.[/quote]

Jesus eveey 30 mins? You are a better man than i sir, a few dabs and in chillin for a few hours lol

20. Haha, I took like 20 dabs yesterday and I just started recently. That shit is amazing, but yeah, Highly Educated Ti is the way to go.