Glass shapes/techniques? - Etsy

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Liqweed, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Ok, so I kinda want to order a slide and maybe a pipe or two from etsy, and I want them custom. I am just wondering, is there like specific names for techniques in glass blowing that I should use in my description. Like reversals or something, is there a comprehensive guide somewhere, maybe like a glassblowing book? I just dont know how to describe what I want. Do you ever whip something up in MS paint real quick to try and explain lol? Never ordered from Etsy before, jw.

2. I hear good things about GlassManDoll on etsy. He takes custom orders.

3. Thanks for the suggestion, but I am interested in the different techniques people say in their custom order descriptions. Like how much room do I have for creativity in it, and what terms can I use so there is no misunderstanding. I would hate to order a custom pipe and just have a swirl here, swirl there. I want it to be a little more unique if you catch my drift.

4. #4 Euphoric Toker, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    Ok I think I get you.

Wig Wag
    [​IMG]
    Reticillo
    [​IMG]
    Milli
    [​IMG]
    Can also be embedded in the glass, here they are before they go into glass
    [​IMG]
    Reversal
    [​IMG]
    Thats all that I can think of right now.

5. +rep and YES!

Exactly what I was looking for. If anyone can think of anything else please add!

6. went on boromarket to jog my memory.:D
    Fillacelo
    [​IMG]
    Dichro(the shiny stuff)
    [​IMG]
    Opal(embedded in glass)
    [​IMG]
    Frosted
    [​IMG]
    Etching
    [​IMG]
    Electroplating
    [​IMG]
    Color to fade(see colors then goes clear)
    [​IMG]

Are you interested in types of percs as well?

7. Nope, I got my percs down pretty good, this really helps a lot though. And I am sure the glassblowers will appreciate it. thx again.

btw that reminds me, I should get a boromarket acct sometime soon.

8. yeah they have some really nice stuff there for some good prices

9. What's the difference between the wig wag and the reversal? They look the same to me