Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

glass screens

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by whos_gotherb311, Jan 22, 2004.

1. you guys ever smoked out of a pipe with a glass screen? My brothers letting me use his for awhile cause i dont have one anymore, and i like it. The pipe isnt great but I think the screen is awesome. Ill post some pics so people that havnt seen them no what they are.

You can see it inside the bowl in this pic

Attached Files:

2. some pics of the glass screen by itself

Attached Files:

3. my hand looks real white cause of the flash, im not that white heh. I havnt figured out how to take off auto focus on my cam yet, so i cant get real good up close shots.

Attached Files:

4. yeah i've heard of em, how well do they work?

5. when my bro first lemme use it it wasnt hitting well at all. so i decided to clean it out using the microwave some alchohol, put it in a sealed bag along with a pipe and shake it real good method. The bowl was charred with resin so it ddint come off, so i scraped it off and made a nice resin ball with it. After that it hit awesome, it just takes a couple smoking sessions to stick in the bowl with the resin, so you have to be careful or itll fall out, happened the other night but recovered it.

6. That's pretty sweet, I've never bothered with a screen in my glass pieces.

Must prevent the dreaded ball of ash from being inhaled and punching the back of your throat. :cool:

Nice camera too. :tup:

7. i didnt use one on my pipe and i must say i got a ton of pull through till the thing resind up abit. my friend used one and said it was nice to stop al the scraps flying through but he perfers not to use one? i dont know ive nvr used one didnt feel like spending the money

8. the hole on my bowl is slightly smaller than the tip of a pen so ive never needed any type a screen. no ash ever comes thorugh unless i suck real fucking hard and the bowls complete ash.

9. Yeah, I got one with my bubbler.

They come in a variety of shapes... However I think the most common type is shaped like a jack kind of. It has three arms to form kind of like a semi star, then theres a short one that come straight down from the where the three meet, and this goes down into the bowl hole (lol, that rhymes).....

It's pretty cool if you have real fine weed. But, usually I'm just pinching it off, so it sticks together pretty well enough to where I don't even need it most of the time.

10. I use one with a bong, to keep it all-glass, and also when the ash goes down it goes in the water and not your mouth.

11. I love to use them.. They do get hot if your burning a bowl with a couple people though. I've got a smaller prong shaped screen, a 5 pointed star shaped screen, and a prong shape thats got a much longer prong, so it always seats itself in the bowl when dropped in.