Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass screens Vs metal screens.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by superredneck98, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Hey guys i recently got my first glass piece, a nice little spoon. I also bought a little glass screen, kinda like the shape of a star. My question here is do you prefer these to metal screens? What are the advantages and disadvantages of both. Thanks in advanced guys! happy toking:smoking:

2. Glass screens are far better then metal man

3. Glass screens are better, but personally I don't use a screen in my bubbler, pipe, or bong.

4. the glass ones are nice because you can use them again and again, as opposed to the metal ones which get grungy and eventually get holes burned in them. however, you can get about 10 metal screens for the price of one glass one, and i lose both kinds in the course of 1 or 2 smoke sessions, so i usually opt for a pack of metals

5. I have never understood why glass is so great. IMO they suck, they turn black and idk about you guys but I don't like searching through my ash to find a screen. I simply clean my bowl by flipping it over and blowing to clear it. I have had a metal screen in my bowl for 6 months and havn't had to change it yet.

6. #6 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    I love glass screens, I usually get them free/for cheap so I have one for every piece and always have extras. They last forever, and aren't harmful like metal is, they don't burn and they keep hot ash from sucking through, and that's the last thing you want when smoking a bowl. Use it. Also glass screens don't add any weird taste.