Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass Screen?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by XxGoonxX, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Ok so i just bought a glass screen over some metal ones. The problem is i have no idea how to use it so i had to buy some metal ones. Anyways its like a little 4 pronged piece of glass how do i use it??

2. you just drop it into your spoon. one of the prongs should go into the hole but not cover it completely.. keeping your bud in the bowl and not sucked through

3. I really hope you're not planning on using a glass screen for a metal pipe,

which would cause it to shatter.

If using a glass pipe, then nevermind.

4. its actually a wooden pipe i picked up at the stone age in my mall lol. But the the hole in the bowl isnt at the bottom its kinda like in the side of the bowl how would i go about doin that

5. i have no fucking idea lol thats crazy... its on the side?

6. yea lol its where the the pipe connects to the bowl. right on the side.

7. ohh..

wood would be fine.

+rep for repping the wooden pipes though.

8. thats a tobacco pipe. sometimes they have screens built in by the mouthpiece.

9. oh well ive been using a brass screen cuz i cant stand anything flyin in my mouth besides smoke. And if it went into the mouth piece itd be a bitch to clean.

10. Be careful not losing your screen, its pretty easy to lose it. Yesterday I got my first spoon and it came with a glass screen, I said to myself '' I dont understand how people lose it , it cant be that easy to lose''. I get back home and start looking at my spoon and trying the screen on, 5 minutes later, I hear a small piece of glass falling on the floor, never found it back >_<

11. What are the con s of using a brass screen?

12. That pipe might look cool but it's gonna suck for smoking bud. Because the hole is in the side the material near the hold/top will burn first, leaving half the bud unburned while the other half will be ashing. Then you'll pull the ash through and not even have smoked half your bud (you just bought a screen so i know you have problems with this) The only way around this i've found is to put a large peice of bud right over the hole and smoke a bowl in 1-2 hits.

Rather than trying to use screens to fix it, i would invest in a pipe more suited for your needs.

13. sometimes I will pick up a nice lil' corn cob pipe to smoke and toss, they have the same hole deal. If you don't have a nice little brass one to cut down and cover said hole, the best thing will be to use the good ol' bud barrier.

Glass screens for glass pipes, remember it will get covered with resin so when you dump the bowl look for your now "black" glass screen. Ah and tell yo homies youse got one in there. ;)

14. #15 falcon10911, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Taste.

Glass screens are alot better, you could use one of those pebbles with the small hole through it, the headshops around here sell them in different sizes. If you position it right it sits right at the bottom of the bowl with the holes half covered but still enough to let smoke pass. They add way too much drag.

If the bud isn't super dense, and you have more than a bowls worth. You can make a screen from a bigger piece of the nug, but it clogs. Also, burning pieces of weed flying against the back of your throat.

15. One day I bought one of those glass screens to see what they were like.
    First session I had, I dump out the ash not thinking.
    Lets just say I spent a good bit of time searching the ground for a little piece of glass and never saw it again.
    I've recently picked up a new piece and metal screens don't fit into it right so I might need to go back to the expensive glass screen.