Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass Screen question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thcncr, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Well after some careful consideration I've decided it would be better to get a glass screen rather than keep buying metal screens or not using one at all.

My question is how do I correctly word my request at a headshop because they are very strict on slang terms and kick you out/refuse service if you say something the wrong way.

Also is a glass screen a good idea for a small glass spoon or just continue to use metal/nothing?

2. Ask for a glass screen, its ok to ask for that

3. Nothing at all, a small piece of a "nug," or a small pebble all work fine. I prefer the pebble method in my pipes with larger holes.

4. Pebble? Never heard of that but my hole is about medium sized and when we grind up the nugz my sharpstone makes it pretty fine and small pieces get through. I think it has to do with me pulling to hard, I'm just way to used to a bubbler/bong.

5. Yea, just ask for a glass screen, nothing bad about that.

6. Why would you have to keep buying metal screens? You can re use them over and over...

7. If I'm smoking nugs and the hole is small/medium I go screenless, but if it's ground a screen is always a good move...

@Saul: Metal screens get all gunked up with resin after a while, so you need to replace them...

The up-side of metal screens is that if you lose them it means nothing 'coz they're cheap as... if you tap the ash out of a cashed bowl it's pretty easy to lose the glass screen especially if you're blitzed and forget it's there lol.

You should be able to ask for a glass pipe screen and you'll be sweet. Who are they to say it's not tobacco in your pipe?

8. I'd say stick with the metal screens; a little bit of isopropyl alcohol and salt will make it clean as new.

9. ask for a glass screen for your tobacco pipe

10. I have actually burned through the screen so there is a big hole in the center. also after a couple of decent bowls you end up with a clogged screen. I usually just wash it with soap and water though if thats the case. I have always wanted to try a glass screen.

11. lol ya just ask for a glass screen...exactly what its called :)

12. If they have no problem calling metal screens as such then they should have no problem calling a glass screen a glass screen.

It's just a screen, made of glass. Nothing sketch about that phrase at all.

13. Understandable. I don't use screens enough to know.

But the few times I have, I've just re used em. Some iso and salt will clean them right up if they get clogged.

But to each his own, I guess.

14. glass screens...
    i never really lykd glass ones as much as the metal ones.. the metal one wud stop any piece of bud and ash from fallin into ur mouth and the glass ones wud allow sum shit from fallin thru the few gaps it has.. and when it gets clogged juss wash it a bit or juss replace..but wash for longer usage haha..
    but has anybody had there screens burn a hole thru??

15. I haven't, no. I've heard of screens burning but thats about it. I've used this screen in my bong for a few good months now and still holding up great.

16. To clairify, its the gold colored copper screens that are easy to burn a hole threw, the silver ones i have yet to burn a hole threw and they seem to be better quality anyways.

17. Ah yeah. I could see how the copper ones could get holes.

18. man i almost never grind up bud if im smokin a bowl.