Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

glass pipes change color?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Darkshade, Jul 14, 2009.

1. K ty all for your help!

2. No all pipes do not change color. I have glass that is blown thick with color and it doesnt change a bit. Bob Snodgrass invented color changing glass and it changes when resin is collect on the inside of a pipe. It uses gold and silver fumes to make this process happen. Google Bob Snodgrass and you will learn about color changing pipes. If you want to see a pipe that wont change color check out clintions egyptian cobra or the old man series pipe collection.

3. After cleaning mine after about 2 months of owning it, the color change was so evident that I forgot it was clear in the first place.

4. This reminds of the first time I cleaned my little spoon pipe. I let the resin build up for the first 3-4 months of owning it, and when I cleaned it, it looked like a completely different pipe. lol. I've had it for about a year now and just cleaned it for the second time because it got too clogged!!:D

5. wow i need to get me one of them :D

6. COLOR CHANGING ARTWORK
    In the early 1980’s glass artists began experimenting with silver and gold fuming processes in an effort to change the characteristics of glass handpipes. What was discovered was that a thin layer of pure gold and/or silver applied to the inside or the surface of the pipe created a unique phenomenon once tobacco was introduced to the product. The tobacco particulate, combined with the precious metals refracted the light much like a prism, causing the pipe to change colors. Additionally, different tobaccos produced different hues insuring completely unique handpipes based on individual usage