Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass Pipe or Lightbulb Vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TABz, Feb 26, 2010.

1. I've made a lightbulb vaporizer recently that I cleaned up really well, and I've been liking a lot even though it's kinda sketchy lol. I like how efficient it is and the bud tastes great, but I don't have a whole lot to compare it to, cause I only just recently started smoking.

I'm thinking about getting a glass pipe or a couple packs of zig zags temporarily, but is it worth it to buy the pipe, cause I don't really smoke alot? I probably do it about once or twice a week.

I've also heard that the high feels a lot different when you smoke than vaping, but is it really a noticable difference?

2. Yeah, the vape tastes much purer, and much better IMO. Honestly if you like your lightbulb vape I would say get a nicer one. The launch box only costs $99.

3. My lightbulb vape is alright, but kind of hard to use at first. I don't really have the ability to buy a nice vape right now, but I'd like one. I can get a decent glass pipe for around $20 though, and I was wondering if that would be better than what I have right now.

4. say get a pipe they are well worth it

5. yes, much better, lightbulb vapes taste like burnt popcorn and shit, they have a terrible taste and i don't like the lightbulb vape at all, get a glass pipe

6. Alright, I think I'll do that, it's a decent investment anyway. The taste on a lightbulb vape is fine if it's clean, and you don't burn your weed, which can be hard when you can't find your lighter and you use a propane torch...

7. GET A PIPE. its well worth it. I only smoke on weekends also but its definitively worth it. Mine was only $24 and i like it alot. I clean it after every use also.

8. I've heard you can accumulate the resin from the pipe too?

9. Yeah, the resin builds up and you can smoke that too. It's kind of harsh but it does the job if you're out of bud

10. I just finished making a light bulb vape, and I'm scoring some decent shit tonight that I will of course post pics of. =) But at the same time, I also went to American Science & Surplus and spent $14.00 building my first bong... seriously, if you have a Surplus store around and they sell pyrex glass flasks and graduated cylinders, and other such items, you can build a very nice 2 stage water bong for like $30... The way I made this one, I can run the exhaust tube into another cylinder, and get one hell of a rip... Check out the link to it in my sig if you want to see what it's made of.

11. ^hahaha nice dude, idk why, but I really like homemade stuff for some reason, I'm gonna look into making one of those Pyrex bongs :bongin:

how'd it end up turning out?

12. Try one of your friends pipes, smoke a joint. See what you like the best, then just get a better one of that.:smoking:

13. What's with the thread within a thread? :confused:

Go with the pipe. Or a small bong. I prefer bongs, but pipes will do the trick.

14. yeah get like a personal sized bong. love em theyre cute and get you ripped LOL

15. i made a light bulb vap once, felt like a crack head using it.

I would suggest you buy a nice glass pipe.

Evil :smoke:

16. I know how you feel and I didn't even use the lightbulb yet... I built the bong and it's sitting in plain view next to my hookah for all the world to see... I built the light bulb vape, and hid that fucker in my dresser drawer immediately. lol

17. Ya it does look a little sketchy when you're doing it lol. I made it when it was all I had at the time, but for something that took 10mins to make, it sure does work alright.

Thanks for the advice though everybody! I think I'm gonna pick myself up a nice little glass pipe. Keep on toking everybody :smoke:

18. you could build a heat gun vape similar to the volcano (not as good as the real deal though, but still an upgrade from the lightbulb, but the lightbulbs a cool pipe for stealth cuz its self contained, and its a cool handheld vape, portable if inefficent, and cheap).

theres also a design using a soldering iron. as a heating element.

search soldering iron vaporizer or heat gun vaporizer on google.

for not too much money, you could build one of them, but beware - follow instructions to a t and if you cant do it, dont try, because making electric vapes can be dangerous if unintentional parts of the device melt and get vaped with your weed.

id say you could probably do it for between $40-$75 if you had none of the parts, but id bet you could find some of em lying around somewhere.

theres also some low quality box vaporizers on amazon for like $30. I have no idea on the quality of them, reviews seem oddly mixed, and its all cheap chinese nonames. Im thinking about taking the risk, because I figure wtf, $30 is worth a chance...

but honestly if I wanted something that worked and I had money id feel more secure with the heat gun vape. basically you hook a heat gun up to a bowl to an oven bag or some shit like that, turn it on, it gets vaped into the bag like a poor mans volcano. i also feel a heat gun might be more efficient than a soldering iron and probably more accurate, but idk.

19. get a pipe. just dont make the mistake i did and buy a really small one... bigger is always better. mine is good for like 5-8 hits but they're really small. i mean it fits in the palm of my hand.