Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass peices in refrigerator?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MinishCap, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Is it safe to put glass pieces in the refrigerator? I know if you heat glass and bring the down temperature quickly it will become less durable. Will the same be true if I cool down the piece?

2. I wouldn't do it. Cold glass + flame = no good, usually.

3. I've put my illadelph in the freezer a few times. Just for about an hour, not to get a too cold. But...I don't recommend doing this unless you have an a/c. Just put the tube in the freezer, not your a/c. Peace :smoking:

4. I believe he's talking about that Coil thing they make which is intended to be frozen.

Technically, it's not going to directly break your glass to bring it too a low temp, then right back to room temp, but depending on the thickness and type of glass used, it can caused damage that helps mature cracks in the future.

I would recommend agasin't it, better safe than sorry. If it has a crack in the glass that you can't see, doing this with the temperatures can and probably will mature the crack, until one day it breaks while you are using it and never gets credited for it's actual reason, just you being clumsy.