Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass on Glass slide question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by idoit2, May 3, 2011.

1. My current downstem broke on my bong and its not glass on glass. Will a glass on glass downstem with the right measurments work if i put a rubber seal or something on the new downstem?

2. it should man. make sure you get the right sized o ring, and you should be set.

3. thank you and what's an 0 ring? im guessing it has something to do with rubber.

4. oh yeah, it's just a little rubber ring. you see them on a lot of things, and you can get one at any hardware store i'm pretty sure. it makes it airtight better. but if you have a slide that fits perfectly, it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

5. o ring - rubber ring, looks like an O from above, (()) <------ example

6. thanks everybody

7. I had the same issue on a big bong I had from a while back. I swapped the downstem from another bong I had that was glass on glass and it worked perfectly. Any shop that sells pieces should have replacement downstems.

8. You just need to make sure it's sealed, if it's not entirely sealed it won't work