Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass On Glass Lube?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Vermonster, Apr 29, 2012.

1. What up everyone? Bought a new 15" perc MGW all glass on glass. I was shooting the shit with the shop owner, and she suggested to lube the glass on glass joints with oil/even chapstick to prevent anything from locking up or caking together...

My question to you'll do you guys who have glass on glass, use lube? I keep my shits clean....

thanks

2. Never heard of that before. I know if you get water on your joint (not the kind you roll) then it will stick like a motherfucker. I guess oil could work, but keeping it clean works just fine for me.

3. I wouldn't want any of that kind of shit being around my smoke...

doesn't sound very safe having heat around that kind of shit might mix in with your smoke and kill you...and on top of that i have never head anything about this before =p

so id play it safe and just not worry about.... unless you bought your bong ran you over 3 bills or something

4. i rock mine as is. No need for any oil or anything. Just twist if it sticks

5. sounds like a scam. it may work fine but its not really needed. never had a problem with my glass

6. nah no problem, not a scam- just trying to give a nice peice of advice. I am not going to lube it with anything. I just had a killer sesh hits like a champ -__-. I don't like the idea of it being with the smoke either.... anyone actually use lube??

7. Never heard of anyone lube-ing up their bong. Lube is for making certain other things easier to hit if you know what I mean

8. I'm not sure what you could use, but most definitely use it. I thought doing so would never be necessary, until the day I broke my bowlhead. It chipped perfectly off so that the joint of the head was snug right in the downstem, and there was not much else to pull it out. Took days until I managed to get it out...

9. Just keep it clean and you should be fine.

We carry the lube at my work, it's called like Toob Lube or something, but I'll tell ya' we haven't sold a single one.

10. [quote name='"PostPavilion"']Just keep it clean and you should be fine.

We carry the lube at my work, it's called like Toob Lube or something, but I'll tell ya' we haven't sold a single one.[/quote]

Idk if I'd go buy some stuff like that( prob $15) I was thinking more of round house stuff, and then became curious in general...

11. Maybe sand it down

12. #13 818420life, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    the lubes do not get anywhere near your smoke. lube is used in scientific laboratories around the world! if your theory was true, medicine and chemicals would be contaminated when in a lab!
    your assumption comes from NO EXPERIENCE. now tube lube is a Grasscity sold product that is a direct bite off the original glass on glass lube, called SmoothSlide . tube lube sucks it's has an open face top that when its hot like in cali the shit melts.  SmoothSlide DOES NOT MELT! and is totally made of 100% natural ingredients. smoothslide has no petroleum based products becasue it is all natural unlike the others!

this is what happened to me without lube!
    after finding SmoothSlide i never had this  problem again! broken tubes are no fun no matter the cost
     having a bong breaks sucks for any of us. Anyone who has had this happen to their bong should invest $5 for the SmoothSlide glass on glass lube.  The ingredients are listed on the tube. all natural i love nature like i love my herbs!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ^^^  $4 for 10 cents worth of bees wax.

14. Twist it when you pull, and clean with iso when it gets bad

15. #16 818420life, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    test your beeswax in the frigged cold it sucks. beeswax makes it even more difficult to be removed ESPECIALLY IN COLDER CLIMATE. The problem with lack of knowledge and experience leads to a person blurting out nonsense and other even less experienced people might actually think you know what you're talking about.. when you don't...
    Beeswax makes it much harder when the Denver Colorado whether drops because i acutally tried the beeswax and it is terrible in the cold, it helped me break my stem instead!
    now back to the lube... in case you are un-familiar with grease and oils and butters from plants... not all have the same melting point or freezing point.... just like when MAKING BHO... the melting points of the delicate flavor filled oils evaporate or melt off early... some melt of late..... Beezwax gets hard in cold fast! and is too soft in summer heat swells... smooth slide has always stayed consistent in temperatures around Denver that fluctuate from freezing to hot! $4 is not a too much for a product that is specialized for us then experimenting. When i go to headshop i hate the prices of glass but... you get what you pay for... that's for sure!!!
    i decided to grab my $4 tube and list the ingredients for you
    Ingredients: RoseMary Extract, Sweet Almond Oil,Coconut Oil Soybean Oil, Grape Seed Oil

upon some more research i found that this Smooth Slide is made by a company who makes several 420 products and have won trophy's and awards from high times and other 420 shows... i stick with my $4 tube of smooth slide and you stick to what you want to stick to... no pun intended! :)

16. I have a STAX waterpipe so I have a lot of joints. I used vaseline or plain chapstick with no flavor, never had a problem with taste or anything it just made sure that my pieces wouldn't stick together!