Glass lessons in NM?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by trazzberry1, Feb 21, 2013.

1. I have a terrible habit of buying pieces, I love getting new glass especially one of a kind smoke ware. As such, I want to learn how to blow really solid pieces, starting with pipes but I'd like to get to the point where I am blowing complex water pipes and such.

Does anyone on here know of someone in Albuquerque, NM who offers lessons or would be willing to teach glass blowing specific to smokeware? If possible I'd like to watch the cost, and I don't really want to pay for glass blowing lessons that teach how to make paperweights and stuff like that.

2. I'm guessing it is expensive and an art you can not just learn by being taught but by practice, trial and error.

3. I'm a classically trained guitarist and a 1 dan in kendo, I have no problems putting work in to achieve skill. As for money, I just don't want to have to spend a bunch to learn stuff about glass blowing that isn't about smokeware, I mean if that's why I'm taking the lessons I want to get taught techniques that are relevant to that.

4. You can't make pipes without knowing the fundamentals.

Grasscity isn't the place to be asking about glassblowing advice to be completely honest with you. You'd be better of asking at talkglass.com

just be careful there

5. do some research before asking questions on talkglass lol

finding local boro glassblowing lessons can be difficult much less one directly related to pipes but there is TONS of info on the internet