Glass Home Mades

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by SH0T3, May 14, 2012.

1. #1 SH0T3, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020

2. #2 Buymeamonster, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    how did yu make the hole for the downstems in the glass bottles?

3. Where did you get that glass shaped like a gun? Thats like the dopest homemade ive seen man

4. They make a vodka and whiskey called Tommy gun for about 70$ I think. Looks like a similar bottle. Also they make a vodka crystal head comes in a skull shaped glass bottle thar would make a killer bong but here is like 105 a bottle.

5. [quote name='"Buymeamonster"']how did yu make the hole for the downstems in the glass bottles?[/quote]

If u go to any hardware store you can buy a glass/ceramic drillbit for like $10 and it woks pretty well you just gotta take your time and be patient. Also lots of practice helps.

6. [quote name='"kancastank"']Where did you get that glass shaped like a gun? Thats like the dopest homemade ive seen man[/quote]

I actually got the tommy gun last summer at Spencers in the mall for like $25 then drilled the hole. Took forever though the glass was so damn thick. Also thanks for the compliment, that one was my favorite too, wish I hadn't broke it.

7. Seeing glass homemades makes me wanna make a sweet little piece. I don't drink liquor though.

Awesome work man. How do they hit? You using a metal downstem for them?

Oh wait, they're glass downstems? How do you seal them in place in the hole, also?

8. probably a rubber grommet

9. Ya I don't really drink liquor either but living in a college house there are always plenty of them leftover at the end of the weekend haha. Also for the down stem for all of the bottles of liquor I just went to my local head shop and bought a glass on glass downstem and bowl piece, glued the downstem into the bottle with some glass epoxy from Lowes and made sure it was nice and air tight. The exception was the Tommy Gun piece, I didn't want to fuss with making the whole big enough for a glass on glass downstem and bowl so i settled with the rubber grommet downstem and bowl. Each piece cost me roughly $20-$30 to make with the Tommy Gun one being the most because I actually had to buy the vase. With that being said they hit just as well as any of my friends bongs maybe even better except for the ones with percolators and all that fancy stuff.

10. #10 SH0T3, Jul 28, 2012

11. I got a the skull vodka for christmas last year and i made it into a great bong and added a inline perc to it

12. #12 SH0T3, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012
    Oops double post

13. [quote name='"bongboi420"']I got a the skull vodka for christmas last year and i made it into a great bong and added a inline perc to it[/quote]

Nice sounds pretty badass, got any pics of it? I've been wanting to make another one out of one of those or a Makers Mark bottle but I've been to lazy/cheap to go get one haha.

14. #14 SH0T3, Oct 8, 2012

15. Those are amazing creations guys. Do you ever worry about tiny shards of glass getting inhaled due to drilling a hole in the glass? That's what has always turned me away from homemade glass pieces. 

16. You do the drilling under a water faucet, because glass dust gets in the air. Plus the water keeps the part being drilled cooler, which ups your chances of a successful drill. Then I use a bottle-washer faucet attachment from the homebrew store to douche the glass dust out of the piece.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      641.2 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      625.2 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      626.2 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      574 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      633.5 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      633.2 KB
      Views:
  17. DOOD! that tommy gun its awesome il deffinetly be checking my local liquor store!