Glass dome/Ti nail

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by bumba219, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hello everyone...I'm new to the overall bong scene (blunts/bowl then a arizer extreme q vape all my life)...I recently started smoking concentrates and tried my friends bong...it had a glass dome and ti nail I believe it said "legend Phire" on it..the dome/nail sat up high on the bong unlike what im used to with "flower" bongs where the slider part sits low...anyway Im looking for something good to smoke concentrates with for about 200 to 300 dollars and would perfer a good TI nail any suggestions?

2. Hey, I just got a DG Mini oil-can with a fritted disc perc. This thing definitely gets the job done. Got mine with a Rasta colored fritted disc for $370. But you can pick-up a normal one for $290 from NVS glassworks. A few members here on GC recommended it and I'm seriously happy I listened. The hit from it rocks, it's like nothing else. They sell quality Ti nails too. Get a Vector Nitro torch and you're good to go! :smoke:

Just google NVS glass and check out their stuff by David Goldstein. Can't order through the site, so call them up and they'll ship it out. Enjoy :cool:

3. #3 AfganiKush, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012

I have never hit nor owned a DG fritted disk but i have heard a lot of negative things about them. All of that aside, those disks have way too much diffusion for oil. Those tubes prob lose a ton of flavor from flowers, let alone concentrates. You prob lose a good portion of your dab just to reclaim sticking in the perc and above. Theres just no need for that much diffusion, for the most part all your filtering out is thc and cannabinoids.
    To the op just look for a small piece with limited diffusion. You dont want a big piece that has a large air space, and you dont want much diffusion(bubbler with a 3-4 hole downstem is ideal). Other than that its up to you. It seems someone posts an almost identical thread in here every week asking the same thing. Small piece, minimal diffusion, find something you like, not what somebody else likes. Originality and opinions are a good thing :rolleyes:. Search the water lab or hi priority and find something along those lines.

4. All i see on that website under that blower is straight tubes when i want something of the "daily driver"variety like the mini oil can u describe

5. Interesting, I've heard almost all positive. Even read through the full 41 page thread on fuckcombustion.com detailing many user reviews of David Goldstein's work, which are highly positive for the most part. Just use room temp or warmer water and reclaim shouldn't be more of a problem than with a piece with less diffusion. The DG Mini Fritted Disc has virtually no drag, hits are super smooth and feel great. You really have to own one, or at least hit one, until you can properly judge :)

Here's a link to the exact product I purchased - DG Mini Fritted Disc, except mine has the Rasta colored fritted disc as mentioned.

Although, as AfganiKush alluded to, there's probably better pieces out there when it comes to preserving flavor of the concentrate. But there's nothing that compares to the smoothness that a fritted disc perc offers. So it's flavor vs. smoothness, and you'll just have to weigh which factor is more important to you. Personally, if preserving flavor is that big of concern when I go to blaze, I'll just use my vape.

Peace :wave:

6. As long as you use room temp water at the recommended level in your DG fritted disc piece, alot of reclaim isnt a problem. i have a 17" DG tube and it does have a little bit of drag, but not alot unless you use a slide that restricts airflow, not an issue with concentrates.
    that being said, i use the fritted for flowers as much if not more then for concentrates. my main oil rig is a small generic piece thats very similar to the small silika oil rig, with a ti nail and a worked dome by Bucko. if i have good oil i will usually use that, less drag and you dont have a foot or more of tube to clear, but the DG is alot smoother hit.

it all depends on your preference, and your budget. my small oil rig with the ti nail and clear dome was about $200, add in a couple dabbers and a vector nitro torch, and its about an even $300. a DG fritted disc piece will run you at least around $300 for a smaller one (my DG tube was 4, but its a bigger one with the 26mm joint), and it will not come with a Ti nail, that will run you $60 to 100 extra for a good one. then remember you still need a torch.

7. I like Steve beer rigs.