Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Glass Bowl vs Magic Flight Launch Box

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mikemobuds, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Just recently started smoking again, took a break to bring my tolerance back down, I'm in the market for a new piece I don't know if I should just buy a good'ol glass bowl, or take the extra step forward and buy the portable vaporizer from magic flight..

I have never smoked from any type of vaporizer so I guess that's the only uncertainty I have, I hear the high is different from the standard smoke high.

My goal here is to buy something stealth, conservative, durable.

by stealth I mean, the ability to conceal from parents/little sister (including odor)

Please describe the vaporizer high if it is any different from one you'd get from the bowl.

I aim to remain functional, and having to face a joint/blunt just kinda puts me in an akward zone around the family. Which is why I am looking for another option to smoke a little at a time.

any shared experiences would be appreciated :smoke:

2. The vape high is a little bit more clear-headed because you're not getting all of the bad things in smoke that make you feel "fucked up". As far as odor, any vape is going to have virtually none, even inside. A bowl on the other hand, is likely to get you caught by the smell.

I've been vaping for over a year now and there's no way I'd chose smoke over vapors now. If you have a little extra cash go with the Arizer Solo as a portable vape or an Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 (what I have) for a desktop vape. Those are going to get you higher and bring you better vapor clouds than that little wooden box. Enjoy!

3. I have the mflb and numerous glass spoons. I like both. Smoking gets me more of the fucked up feeling and I get really tired and dont want to move. With the vape its more energetic I think clear minded is the best way to put it. People that have used my mflb for the first time say that they Arent high but 5 mins later they realize they are but didn't notice it because they weren't fucked up.

I prefer the vape. It has little to no smell if you use it properly. The mflb can be hard to get the hang of but once you do its pretty much odorless. The mflb also doesn't give huge hits which contributes to the little smell. Just turn on a fan and that should be more than enough.

Dont get me wrong I love my glass spoons but between the two id buy the vape first. You'll save weed and therefore money. Get a better sense of how to control smells. And then with your saved cash and new knowledge get the pipe.

4. Yeah that sounds about like what I am looking for, if I am able to smoke the MFLB in my room with little to no smell (or easy to mask) I might just buy that, as of now I have been going outside to smoke a joint or a quick hit off an aluminum foil pipe I crafted. Which the bowl would suit me fine for that, but the 'clear minded' high you describe sounds better, as I know the 'fucked up' you are talking about lol

thanks for the feedback guys

5. [quote name='"Riotear"']MFLB;

Pros: Small, saves lots of weed, good high, easy to hide, good price, use vaped weed (usually brown) in a bong later, get high indoors, gives almost no smell, comes with rechargeable battery.

Cons: Does not get you stoned kind of high, weed needs to be really grinded (kief works great), battery runs out fast.[/quote]

On the batteries. The stock ones Arent that good and I read some threads where people got the powerex batteries and those really do make a hell of a difference

6. I use both. the MFLB really help you taste the bud. Also both have different highs associated with them. A high out of a MFLB is more clear headed then smoking. I still slightly prefer smoking my bud. However, I love my MFLB,:rolleyes::smoke:

7. My friend Powermax 2700s work the BEST! they are expensive though. :eek:

8. apples and oranges my brother

9. [quote name='"Fenderkiller"']

My friend Powermax 2700s work the BEST! they are expensive though. :eek:[/quote]
    What did he pay to be considered expensive? They were like $15 for four of them. I guess expensive for batteries but they made a huge difference

10. Shit sorry I was talking about their charger. it's like $85 it's a super fast charger though:eek: