Glass bowl: screen or no screen?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by njhippie, Oct 2, 2008.

1. For a glass bowl what do you prefer. If you don't use a screen how do you keep the ashes from getting sucked in?

2. screens on glass bowls for me is a no-no. ive learned to hit a bowl until its about to pull through, and make sure i get the biggest hit possible.

3. Its not that big of a deal to get ash in my mouth,I could really care less it doesnt taste bad or anything so no screen for me.

4. i have never used a screen for a glass bowl and dont plan on it. as for the ashes.. after a few bowls the ashes just stick to the resin.

5. i never used a screen for anything. but i did pick up a couple glass screens and tossed them in a standard glass bowl and a bong. they do make the bud burn more even and help with keeping ash out. but they arnt that convienent. a metal screen is more convienent because it tends to actually stay in the bowl where the glass one needs to be repositioned every bowl pack. there really is no need for a screen unless u have a gaping whole in your bowl. just dont snap the bud through unless its a bong. get to know your bowl and learn how to tell the difference between compacted ash and smokable bud. so u dont just light up some ash and pull that through to your lungs.

6. I usually just take a screen and crush it up in a little ball.. big enough to fit and not small enough to fall threw the bowl.. its works perfect for me and it keeps the ashes from falling through the screen..

7. ^^ you should use a glass screen. for me it depends on the size of the bowl, if its big no, if i only have a small amount of bud, then yes i use a screen.

also, in a pinch, try to find a small pebble on the ground, works swell!

8. I use a glass screen in my bong with a really big hole. Saves weed that way but i don't use it in any of my other bongs. Haven't smoked out of a pipe in ages but i'd imagine i would use a screen if i did have a metal pipe. lol

9. I take a little stem and plug up the bottom so that the weed that sits ontop of it wont get sucked through

10. i used to use a metal screen cut off of a coffee filter every time i used my glass bowl. then one day i was like fuck it an it was way better. just build up a little resin, pack it tight, get a bigger nug on the bottom, and don't suck as hard.

11. Stems make you sick though. They burn and put out a harsher smoke.

12. i use a little glass screen if i need to

13. Ya...

If you have glass, use a glass screen if anything... They look cool too.

In every glass piece I've ever used I've given a glass pipe screen to the owner and they loved them... I just got a jar of 200 more small Daisy screens. I think the smaller the better... Big ones just take up more room where weed could be...

14. screens are just for hash/keif/extracts

15. I've never used a screen. I just put in a larger bit to plug the hole up before pouring ground up herbs over it. Lately I've been getting lazy and not even doing that- it's never an issue unless someone isn't paying attention and sucks too hard. After the first time they usually learn their lesson and are more careful.

16. Same here, I don't really mind it, I'll use a screen if I'm smoking with someone else, but alone I could care less.

17. The only time i would use a screen in a spoon would be if the hole at the bottom of the bowl is sorta large. Then I would use out of fear of a shooter. But other then that i really don't see much reason. usually bowls are pretty decent without a screen.

18. Haha, I took a nice shooter to the throat over my friend's house. Burned like eight bitches on a bitch boat. :(

19. i just use a sort of big bit of weed for my screen, then dump in the rest of the ground stuff, as said before

20. definatly use a screen for a bong... it prevents little bits of valuable chron from pulling through unburned.