glass bongs

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by VioletStars, Aug 17, 2009.

1. kay i know there are a lot of threads about glass bongs but i was wondering if you lovely people could point me in the direction of some good ones :)

It will be the first glass bong i am buying and i would love to know what is good out there! Don't worry about price range cuz i am willing to spend some money if i find something i like.

and pics of yours would be welcomed as well

peace and love and many thanks :bongin:

2. get a roor with some diffusers and a cooling chamber or ash catcher. hahahaha
    bongs are confusing as shit sometimes.

3. Entry level tube companies US Tubes, Roor, Lux, Illadelph, Wicked Sands and a few others. They'll usually start at 200 and go up...US Tubes would be the more durable out of that group.

I'm a fan of Toro and SG Sovereignty...both extremely high end, classy and cutting edge functioning tubes. The nicer ones will usually start around 4-500 and go way up past the 1k mark depending on how much work on the tube.

[​IMG]

4. are you looking for sturdiness or functionality? Or does it not really matter?

US Tubes are super thick bongs and very well built. Between 300-500 i believe.

Toro's are amazing. I have an 8/13 arm, but it costed me a grand cuz i'm on the west coast & he blows out of the East Coast. But they have a lot of diff styles. Single chambers, 8-arm fixed stem single chambers, disc diffused single chambers, disc to circ, 8-arm to circ, etc.

Sovereignty is one of the best brands, but you can't buy @ shops if you're not in California or Denver (i believe. wherever headyglass is located).

Roor's are always nice too. Simple single chambers, diff. thickness's & heights, good quality.

Give me an example of what you might be looking for and i can help you out

EDIT: i love how you just have to post a pic of your collection FatCobra & there's already the Toro's & SG's and a few different variations haha

5. [​IMG]

Depending on your area you can probably get a similar setup for around 500. I'd skip all the small bongs and go as high-end as you can. It'll save you money in the long run if you're serious about your smoking.

6. thanks for the reply! and i am looking for both i guess (i don't want something cheap and would easily crack)

roors always looked nice to me but i think that i will have to check out some of the others.
    Basically i am looking for something with good quality, kinda large. But in all honesty i have no idea what to look for:p. i am a noob i know but i have never bought my own before i have just been using guy friends, my pipe,, joints and blunts.
    Soany adive would be awsome and mucho apreciated!!!

7. i don't know from experience, just from reading other people's opinions, but US Tubes are gonna be the most durable tubes if that's what you're looking for. You can even get stemless ones so you won't have to worry about breaking a downstem as well. They also have some w/ percs too. Oh & the joints on them are super thick, which is always a plus. The joint seems to be one of the most common breaking points

here's some pics:

regular beaker bottom. Don't know the bore size, but the glass is 9mm thick.
    [​IMG]

check out the thickness. and this one's only 5mm:
    [​IMG]

Stemless disc diffused:
    [​IMG]

bubble bottom:
    [​IMG]

there's a few others. So they're not crazy ass tubes like SG's or Toro's, but they are great tubes from what i've heard.

8. thanks for the pics! i love the craziness of the other bongs but those ones look very nice!

once again thanks :)
    now if only i could find somewhere that sells toro:p

9. #9 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    I was going to say US tubes but then i read your location :(

haha anyway i reccomend a ROOR, they are always quality and highly respected brand among most smokers(not the bong snobs). There are many other brands i know, but i dont think you will find US tubes or illadelphs in canada, along with other brands. I know theres a lot of good glass there. You should spend ~around 200 for a decent roor, but it will still be only 5mm thick.

Heres mine just for good measure;
    [​IMG]

10. ya it sucks living in canada for that reason :(
    hopefully i can make it out to cali area soon and pick me up some nice glass.
    your roor does look very nice though :)