Glass Blowing

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by User Name:, Mar 10, 2010.

1. your last post seems like a leap in the right direction :D sherlocks, bowls AND fully worked spoons? niiiice brudda. how much harder would a simple bubbler be over a spoon?

2. Not too much harder but I won't have the right size tube to drop the downstem from the bottom of the bowl until I make my next glass order.

I am taking orders for custom work currently though. I have paypal. :]

Also if anyone is willing to invest or sponsor I am very reliable and I have a quick turn around rate for making profit. Pm me if you are interested and I can get you details. :]

3. heard that, can't wait to see the next steps in your progression :) the step to water pieces is crucial because that's where the big bucks are :D

4. What kind of kiln do you have?

5. Bench work is fun but mix that with lathe work and that's the money. Have you worked with stickstack yet? I'm a Glassblower with SYN and I've got lucky and work with Fat Mike and C4 both are great and make the sickest peices. You can check us out on YouTube just search making SYN glass and we'll pop up. Good luck man

6. I'm using a kiln I built and a nice ass thermometer lol.

Work from last night:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. looking good man.

advice?

watch your undercuts on your attachments.

and when you're going for your push, imagine the head of your bowl is the earth. You want the hole, and thus the push, to be on the side of the equator that the spoon body comes from. This helps the user see the burning product, and adds a nice little touch on shaping.

sorry if this comes off as imposing.

8. I got cha' brah. It's all good. ;]

9. heres a pic of one of my crappy $12 prodo spoons. i feel like visual representations are important when it comes to flameworking

[​IMG]

hope this helps! if you're ever out my way holla at me

10. dope shit user name i was on the torch for about a month or two i loved it ill be back on it soon:smoke:..whats on the front of your spoon?^^^.

11. it goes cobalt > thin silver seaweed encalmo> amber purple cap

[​IMG]

picture does it no justice whatsoever. laptop webcam >_<

12. This is a seriously awesome thread. I enjoyed watching the OPs work progress. Makes me want to take some money out of the bank and stack it on some glass blowing supplies....

13. Hey, how about uh...you send that bad puppy my way and I could uh, you know uh test drive it man....:D

No but in all seriousness very excellent work congrats on such great progress and If you ever need someone to review any future products or done products I am that person, and plus a few free glass pieces wouldn't hurt anyone ;)

14. wheres your thread puffin?

15. where's your thread nikki?

16. im not a glassblower lol u kno that just

17. i know you dont blow glass

lol what u up to stranger, come talk to me in my thread dudette

18. Some stuff I threw together in an hour or so last night:

Bullshit inline with ice pinch and jank ass curve on the GonG joint:
    [​IMG]

A pendant I made for a buddies birthday present:
    [​IMG]

A Couple mini dabbers:
    [​IMG]

A sherlie with a gebber orange implosion, a cherry brandy backed thunder implosin, and a vortex lens.
    [​IMG]

Then a loose wag spoon with random colors, a orange gebber marble and a shitty flower implosion with flambe blue backing.
    [​IMG]

19. Getting better. Keep up the good work brother.