Glass around ~500 suggestions

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by blazeddd, Jan 13, 2012.

1. I'm thinking about picking up a mobius strato matrix tube for 450. It comes with the mobius slide n stem, basically an Alex K copy.
    I'm thinking of using my current 18/14 double sided 4-slit gridded stem or maybe getting a HiSi 18/18 honeycomb stem instead of the mobius 18/14 alex k copy.

Any other suggestions, tips, or any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, I'm not looking for sovereignty, as I already have a peyote pillar and tried most of the rest of the sov line. -same with Toro. No bent necks either, looking for a solid piece and the mobius seems to be the king within the range and quality.

2. Go to nvsglassworks.com, see if you can snag a 2012 bc netline lowrider.

3. Just checked them out, real classy actually.
    Hope my LHS has em! How much do they usually run?

Any other suggestions? I'm going in about 2 hours or so.
    Would the 450 for the strato be a good price if they didnt have any BCs?

4. i just got a SGW gridded inverted showerhead to 10 arm for 500.

but mobius is a great choice I used to have one. Their downstems are actually pretty good if I were you I would not replace it

5. I've had my eye on the SYN showerhead for awhile. Could even get a double if you had the 600. They usually have some cool worked sections if you find a worked piece too.

6. I think when you compare that price to other tubes around that range it isn't a good price. The new stemless stereo matrix's by Mobius (which imo are far superior pieces to the strato's) are priced at around $450.

7. Oh yeah I actually saw one of those too... hate that small mouthpiece though.
    And they are priced much higher than that hahah.

The thing is, I already have an EFS double gridded, bent neck small mouth piece, and the peyote pillar is even a smaller mouth piece. So I definitely thank you for the recommendation, it's just I already have tubes with small mouthpieces and bent necks, really was looking for a solid fat tube.

I decided to get it though. I saw some other tubes there like a nice double showerhead SYN, but it was way too small and cleaning it would be a bitch because of the perc designs. SGW waffles and turbines... man they looked fuckin beautiful! but they are just too small! There was a BC ash catcher, but no tubes. Saw some really nice Hitman tubes too... but again just way too small! I guess I just fell in love with this thing man. It's a fucking BEAST. Huge as fuck!
    Just cleaned it and about to rip it for the first time... more to come in a few hours. :smoke::smoke::smoke:

also, sorry nard, didn't get to check out your link, was already at the shop! Thanks though!

8. #9 yeahchops, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
    you really cant go wrong with any of those brands. cant wait for some miiiilllkkk

edit:those customs on the pyrology website are fucking sick. never heard of them before

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZnTMPzdpkA&hd=1]Mobius Strato Matrix - YouTube[/ame]
    still have to do some water tests and figure out ideal levels, but it's a really nice clean hit.
    got my dd slide and gridded dstem in there, liked it better than the mobius one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CquahbWyydU&hd=1]Mobius Strato Matrix - YouTube[/ame]
    bit of bad luck with the mobius punch bowl, shoulda known better lol.

:smoke::smoke::smoke:

10. Haha nice song choice in the second vid, I bought that album years ago and really liked it. What kind of downstem are you using there?

11. nothing..i repeat nothing i put a flame to and inhale smoke out of will ever cost me over $100..i dont understand it.

12. hahah yeah! and it's the same gridded one
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

paperplanes, honestly bro not sure why you would post that.
    does it really matter what i spend my money on? :smoke:

13. Then why spend 100 spend 10 or 5 or just GTFO! :)

Really no need man if you have not tried quality glass you don't known and if you think its a waste then so be it and don't buy it.

14. I've never even tried quality glass and I know its worth it haha. I mean its not all worth the price but shit a lot of it is.

15. How many holes does that gridded DS have? I just picked up a 16 hole diffused sheldon black and love it over my old one.

16. Woops thought it was a four slit, it's actually 3 slits on each side and each slit has 4 grid holes, 24 holes total.

17. i SECOND THAt. KUSH is a regular boro market maker as well.

18. holy poop that thing is sick. i want