giving up weed to get better gains

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by JackJoker, Nov 11, 2012.

1. been lifting 6 months and for 2months of that i was smoking and in the last 2 months ive been smoking ive gained so much weight from munches. so ive now given up weed and going to concentrate on my diet and my training. and maybe go back to weed in the summer.

2. Great idea. I dont think its possible to regret a commitment like this. It makes your mind more powerful. Im doing the same. And even after 1 month after quitting i already dont even miss it or feel like i wanna spend money on something unnecessary when summer does come! lol But of course i wont turn down free weed on a beautiful summer day.

3. Really weird. Weed has helped me get in the best shape of my life. I was at 145, weak, out of shape in January. In January I started daily tokin', everyday, some days twice. Anyway now I'm at 160 and in the best shape of my life. I lift the same weight at my football buddy who is 195 pounds and my cardio is also insanely good. For the first time in a long time I was able to do 2 miles under 12 minutes and often got 3 miles under 19.

4. It helped me get inspired to exercise too when i kept it to once aday after exercise. But sometimes weeds just too good and people start using it too much and it has the opposite effect on some people after a while. It just depends on the person and how they use it...

5. Good attitude, keeping it recreational is the way to go. :smoking:

6. definitely it all depends on the person. Honestly I've never been in the kind of shape I'm in now and I played intercollegiately soccer... been an athlete my whole life but still never in this kind of shape. Never trained this hard. I only get stoned in the evening but I find it helps relax me, focus me on the different things i have to do in life. Opens my mind up if that makes sense. This also helps me in the classroom and the real world. But I definitely agree it depends on the person.