Giving up the 360.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Green Plant, Jun 13, 2011.

1. I've owned an xbox basically since it was released a long time ago and now after years of it being a late night gaming tool and daytime distraction, I believe my stint with the gaming community is over.

I'm either going to go to gamestop and trade it in (this is a last resort because they don't give you enough for what your selling) or putting it up on ebay. I've never used ebay so it will be cool to figure that out. Plus my sister said she'd help me navigate it.

So long gamers.

Anyone else decide to give up their gaming consoles lately?

2. I have a feeling you're going to regret that, its probably better to just keep it and use it as a media center or something, I mean that's what I'd do.

3. I've got a T.Vanda laptop.

I use it for gaming but it pisses me off too much.

It's a money pit too.

4. green plant its good your moving on man you will be entirley more productive im sure.

5. I could never give my Ps3 up. Cudos to you!

6. It pisses you off too much?

Give it to a friend until you want it back. Sounds like you got pissed at a game of Call of Duty or Madden 10 minutes ago and your going to regret your decision.

Your sister is probably helping you sell it because she's tired of hearing "FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK" at 1:09 in the morning.

7. I just gave my elite away! Done with gaming!

8. I have a feeling all you quitters aren't very skilled at video games. Not that it's an important skill in life -- it's just, if you were good, you'd be having a good time and you'd keep playing. lol

9. i tried that once too green planet traded my xbox for a car stereo, then a year later i bought a ps3.

10. no need to get rid of it really. do other things and play games every once in awhile. its ur fault u waste ur days playing games, not the xbox's.

11. Gaming isn't for everyone, if you've grown out of gaming then your grown out of gaming. Just hope your not making a mistake, a lot of good games coming out in the next year and a half that I wouldn't want to miss out on.

12. My brother quit gaming, it sucks because we would always play together.

13. unfortunately my xbox is giving up on me. Piece of shit. It's only about 2 and a half yrs old. Now it's not reading any discs unless i start molesting it. At least i have a ps3, which i got in march. Only 3 games for it. Xbox is the system i easily prefer, besides i have a whole lot of games for it too.

oh well, i'll be buying all my new shit for ps3. I do want gears 3 though so we'll see how i attack that problem.

14. Hell No. My 360 is the shit. Not to mention the Free Espn, Netflix, Hulu, and Fm radio. My 360 is an all around entertainment center. Its just too good.

15. Wouldn't give mine up. It's just a lot of fun.

I hate the association video-games have with being a 'waste of time'. I mean, almost everyone watches Tv, watches films, listens to music - are they all wastes of time? Maybe. But we're only human, can we not kill time doing things we enjoy? It's a silly argument really.

But yeah, I hope you spend the money on something you get more fun out of.

16. that's not true. i was real good at call of duty, and then i quit, because it was boring as shit.

but yah i have a ps3, but no video games i'm done gaming till november, because.......wait for it.......wait for it......

TES: Skyrim
    Batman: Arkham City
    Battlefield 3
    Dark Souls
    Uncharted 3

:eek:

what's a guy suppose to do?? it's a trap.

17. I would just keep so when you ever want to plug it in one day and play it you will still have it

18. Bolded is the only reason i'm keeping my xbox right now. I have a decent gaming rig and I game almost exclusively on the PC, but i'm not 100% sure my comp can handle Skyrim:D

19. Lol

Why don't you invest in a computer? You can watch espn, netflix, hulu, listen to fm radio, surf the internet, and play games, all at the same time.