Giving serious thought to moving to Canada

Discussion in 'General' started by Apollyon1325, Aug 6, 2012.

1. It probably won't be for a few years. I'm going to finish school first but can anybody recommend a good place to move? I'd prefer a decent sized town but someplace that isn't crazy expensive.

2. I've got the same plan :smoking: I'm thinking BC

3. British Columbia

4. i would if i knew i could get a job there.

5. For the past six years I've had a pretty realistic dream of moving out side of Vancouver in a cabin.

6. Canada, eh?

7. That's why I'm waiting till I graduate. It will help my chances of landing something.

8. I've thought about it as well, seems like BC will be your best bet.

9. What are you talking aboot?

10. That's great, I think you'll really enjoy the land here.
    I'd recommend doing some internet research yourself. It's truly the best way of choosing somewhere that will accomodate your needs. There is plenty of easy access on the web to financial living costs from province to province.

11. How boot those Canucks eh?

12. I was looking at Vancouver. I just wanted other peoples input maybe from somebody that lives there.

13. Vancouver is a really racially diverse and densley populated city :) (In Canadian terms, it's population is high..)
    What is attracting you to it?

14. Vancouver is expensive as fuck tho. I'm goin to Montreal for school. My dream is to get a cabin high up in the mountains in manatoba and just chill and watch northern lights with absolutely no body around. Take select friends up there for retreats. That's the life. :)

15. The climate for one. It looks like a nice temperature year round and it's a coastal city which is a plus. Just looking at pictures of the city it looks beautiful.

16. Do you know the average cost of rent for like a 2-3 bedroom apartment?

17. I was just going to say... Montreal is like the "it" city amongst youth, and therefore, expensive as fuck. Try some towns on the outskirts.

I agree though, I would love to move somewhere more rural. Just nature and I. :rolleyes:

18. I only wish... ;.;

But I heard cigarettes are spendy there...so id have to like kick my habit er something..

19. #19 StonedOpossum, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    I've considered moving there as well. I know I'll wind up back around DC, but I want something different for a few years. I'm planning on getting my PhD in Chemistry, so that's a good 6 years I can be a legal resident in Canada for.

e: I'm also considering California more heavily (San Fran to be precise), so somebody help win me over to Canada! I really like how Vancouver sounds.

20. Yeah a change of pace will be nice. No only that but Canadians seem more sane then Americans. Especially their government. It could just be a case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the hill.