Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Giving Pot to Cancer and AIDS Patients for Free in California (that have Rx): Legal??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SantaMonicaMtns, Feb 2, 2012.

1. I'd like to donate half of my grow to terminally ill cancer and AIDS patients, for free, since I think that it would be a good gesture on my part, since I don't need all of the pot from my grow. This allows me to be a caretaker, too, and grow more plants. So, it's win win.

The question I have for you guys is this: how do I find people willing to take free pot? They have to have their medical cards, and verification of their diagnosis, that I will personally check on, pending their disclosure to release their medical information.

I don't want to advertise on Craigslist, or anything, since I think that's a trap. I also don't want to ask dispensaries, since they wouldn't want me cutting into their business. I also don't know many people here in LA.

Any ideas?

2. I have no idea my man. But let me thank you from the bottom of my heart. This world Is very fucked up with very fucked up people. Your not one of them. It's good to see such a kind gesture like that. Gives me hope :)

3. Thanks man. I do what I can. And you're right about the World. Their world.

4. Not living in California, I don't know how feasible this would be. But I would try to contact some organizations that help cancer/AIDS patients and let them know about your intentions. It would even cut out your having to do the background check since presumably these organizations would already have done so.

Good luck, and you're awesome in my book for wanting to give back in such a cool way.

5. [quote name='"SantaMonicaMtns"']

Thanks man. I do what I can. And you're right about the World. Their world.[/quote]

Your absolutely right man, that's their world. The best we can do is spread the good vibes to the people around us and hope they do the same. Sorry i couldnt help you man. Best of luck to you though :)

6. Well how are you going to get ahold of medical records? Esp. of those from people with AIDs, very confindental, even if they did grant you access it is not that easy to obtain someone's medical records. I have been in an auto accident and had to release my records before, its not something people take lightly. You are not a doctor or the courts or a lawyer so this will not be easy. I do not mean to rain on your parade because what you want to do is very kind but if you really want to give it away you might have to take a leap of faith in doing it. Damn I wish I had your problem

7. It's a nice gesture, but you're going to have a difficult time finding people unless you know them personally.

8. The patients, themselves, can choose to show op their medical records. All they have to do is get copies from their doctors.

9. Yeah, I want to see their medical records for sure. I don't want to get entrapped by LE, or have people faking it to get free medication. I wouldn't be dealing with the hospitals or any doctors, but I would require verification with a medical card, which I can call on, myself, just how the dispensaries do.

10. Find a 420 friendly charity.