Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Giving blood

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by volcomcj16, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Is it okay to donate blood if you haven't smoked in a couple of days? Cause my high school is holding a blood drive in school and do I have any chance of getting caught by the school? Would you do this or no?

2. theyll ask if youve smoked weed recently and if you say yes you will just be thanked for trying. no harm no foul. i know from personal experience

3. You have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Just to be on the safe side, I wouldnt do it. What if they ask you if you've smoked marijuana recently? You cant tell them yes, and morally couldnt tell them no and give blood anyway.

4. I didn't smoke during the school year in high school but I've given blood before at the blood bank stoned and never gotten anything back. I know they test for diseases I do not think that they test for drugs.

5. People should thank Stoners for smoking right before giving blood because the person who gets the blood gets an instant high for free =D:smoke:

6. I'm o negative so I feel like should be donating but is it too much to risk?

7. Don't do it! The nurses will rat you out!

/sarcasm.

8. Haha I made a thread about this a few days ago. It was concluded that marijuana is NOT one of the disqualifiers. They're much more concerned about IV and prescription drugs like antidepressants and SSIDs. Even so, once you fill out the forms everything in a blood drive is based on complete anonymity and nothing you say can be used against you by the school or a court of law. And finally, if you make it all the way through, and give your blood, and they decide your blood isnt usuable because of THC, you'll never even know because they don't know...those sacks of blood don't have your name on them.

9. Nobody is gonna miss you're blood.

It's your blood, KEEP IT!!!

10. and AIDS.

11. LOL :laughing:

12. This is silly, it really is. Almost the whole process is anonymous, the OP has NOTHING to lose. Any records they have with his name on them will merely state his name, vitals, and blood type, for no reason other than to expedite the process for repeat donors and reward those who give a lot of blood (like me).

Blood donations are extremely important to the medical industry. "Its your blood, keep it"? I really hope you never need a blood transfusion, because operating under that mindset you could never in good conscience accept one, right? Right? Even if your life or the life of a loved one depended on it?

13. I've heard of people having their own blood drawn and saved if they anticipated an operation coming so they would be sure to be safe by using their own. Also, some folks don't believe in transfusions for some religious reason.