Givig up your seat on the bus

Discussion in 'General' started by Mendi769, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I ride the bus to class everyday and sometimes I'll see an old person standing, i always offer them my seat if none are open, i think the age of the people I give my seat to are 50 an older, I was raised to give my seat up for the elderly. Anyone else do this? I feel like its dying out, and what's the age limit of the person you give your seat to

2. [quote name='"Mendi769"']So I ride the bus to class everyday and sometimes I'll see an old person standing, i always offer them my seat if none are open, i think the age of the people I give my seat to are 50 an older, I was raised to give my seat up for the elderly. Anyone else do this? I feel like its dying out, and what's the age limit of the person you give your seat to[/quote]

I do the same thing, and with pregnant ladies as well. I don't put an age limit, I just decide based on how fit they look.. If someone looks like they need the seat more than me, it's theirs

3. [quote name='"Bobby Blendz"']

I do the same thing, and with pregnant ladies as well. I don't put an age limit, I just decide based on how fit they look.. If someone looks like they need the seat more than me, it's theirs[/quote]

That's fair I do the same to but most people are physically fit to stand from 50 below lol do I just do 50+

4. My seat! I aint giving up SHIT!!!

5. I def would if I rode the bus. I am a young, semi able bodied person, I can get off my high horse and give it up for someone who needs it. I was also raised to respect my elders, could be why I suppose

6. What your so out of shape you can't stand for how long your on the bus?

7. [quote name='"KushedResin"'][/quote]

Hahaha saw that coming and she didn't so she should go to te back of the bus

8. When I was at Disney, I used the Disney transportation system to get to a park from my hotel. 90% of the time I used the bus, but you can also go by boat or monorail. Whenever I had a seat and saw any woman/elderly person I would offer my seat to them.

I loved it when I would offer it to someone who didn't speak english, I would just stand up and point to the seat haha. It's pretty funny watching an elderly asian women smile and say something that I didn't understand

9. Same here man, there was also a ton of people with kids/strollers and shit struggling to carry everything at once so I took a few to help them get their shit on the bus, even the driver was like wtf.. Got lots of looks those days, which aggravated me cause it was like they thought I did something wrong.

10. [quote name='"PaulKemp420"']

Same here man, there was also a ton of people with kids/strollers and shit struggling to carry everything at once so I took a few to help them get their shit on the bus, even the driver was like wtf.. Got lots of looks those days, which aggravated me cause it was like they thought I did something wrong.[/quote]

Dude you're so right, it's like people are so isolated that it's completely beyond them that someone would help another person for no reason other than to just be kind.. Props to you though, I always feel really good about myself after something like that. Good karma

11. [quote name='"PaulKemp420"']

Same here man, there was also a ton of people with kids/strollers and shit struggling to carry everything at once so I took a few to help them get their shit on the bus, even the driver was like wtf.. Got lots of looks those days, which aggravated me cause it was like they thought I did something wrong.[/quote]

I remember getting alot of strange looks, I guess a guy with a scene haircut/ponytail (hard to explain) gauges and a band shirt doesn't look top family friendly haha.

I was on a boat going to the Boardwalk one night, and this like 8 year old girl randomly sat beside me and started talking to me. Her parents were staring me down the whole time, it pretty much made my night haha

12. i don't ride the bus very often but i've given up my seat to elderly and frail looking people. only "handicap" i don't give it up for is fucking hambeasts who just got finished double fisting some turkey legs. they should have walked to work

13. You have to be a dick if you don't. Honestly. There might be special instances like you're traveling with young children or something like that. But in general you get your ass up when you see someone with less time to live than you. I even get up for people who aren't old but look like they could use a seat.

But I don't have to ride the bus, but when I go to a city like NYC that has mass transit I follow these rules.

14. [quote name='"FirstTimer4"']You have to be a dick if you don't. Honestly. There might be special instances like you're traveling with young children or something like that. But in general you get your ass up when you see someone with less time to live than you. I even get up for people who aren't old but look like they could use a seat.

But I don't have to ride the bus, but when I go to a city like NYC that has mass transit I follow these rules.[/quote]

I have like 18 younger cousins I mean younger we went to Disney and I was carrying the youngest one but she sure did weigh alot on the bus back from Disney I gave my seat up to an elderly women and still carried the kid

15. i do most times but i've had experiences where i've actually greened out while standing up... so if im high sorry old folks. lol i'd rather be a dickhead then fall out on a moving bus.

16. sorry, but giving up your seat reminds me of some high class chivalrous crock of shit.

not me.

17. I was on the bus once, it was packed & the inspector who checks you've paid the fare was about to get on along with 2 police officers (I had 3 8th's in separate bags, I was unbelievably nervous) & it was stinking lol, before they get on a pregnant chick gets onboard & no one offers their seat so I stand up & offer my seat, the officer looks at me & smiles & i'm thinking pleaseee don't ask for my ticket as I had paid the wrong fare & I stunk of bud. They walk straight past me & don't even bother about the smell... Now that is good karma working its wonders. :)

18. and this is what upsets me......why is chivalry dying? and really so if your gma walked on the bus adn you were sitting down you wouldnt give your grandma your seat.....fucking selfish man grow up become a man

19. thats straight haha you lucked out but thats how karma works man lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.