give us a clue.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joe bloggs, Mar 23, 2005.

1. when you buy your seeds how do you know if there male or female? or is it trial and error? if so how do you tell the male from the female when the plant is growing? all help will be appreciated,i'll have a smoke on you lol

2. you cant tell if seeds are male or female(unless you get feminised seeds which i dont reccomend doing cos of the high hermie rate...thats when your plant changes sex unexpectdley during growth) when the plant is growing... well you can ususally only tell the sexes apart during prefloweing or later..for instance..a male plant has small round flowers that are in clumps around the nodes..if you let the plant develop(which you shouldnt if you dont want pollination to occur!!) then youll notice that the flower opens up with about 5or 6 what look like dangling stamens(thats cos they are)..kill all of these plants that can come into contact with females unless you want seeds. females have small..singular pear shaped pistils again around the nodes of the plant. during preflowering 2 small white hairs begin to grow out of each of these pistils which later swell with resin to become lovely juicy buds...hope that helps.

3. thx for that peice of info mate, should help me out. great place for getting help.respect 2 u all.