Give me a complete setup list of things to buy?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by SCharles, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Hey everyone,
    Im completely new to growing. My boss, who I'm also good friends with, wants to grow one plant in his house. We live in California, and he plans to grow it in his living room since everyone know's he smokes, so room isn't a problem. I've been reading and there are different guides and kits but they seem so differently opinionated. Basically, I'd like a complete list of what specific items I'd need to start a complete hydroponics setup for one plant. By Specific, it'd be great if you could even link me each item on the internet and I will find a store out here who sells them, or order it online.
    He doesn't care about the smell, he just wants to get one nice plant growing in his house.
    So if someone has a complete setup list, that'd be amazing.
    Thanks!
    -Seth

2. For one plant do a dwc 3 gal or 5 your choice,airpump with airstone tds tester n Ph tester n nutrients

3. Read a journal.

4. Read the sticky threads. All of them. Then read them again. And again.

5. #5 Private Stalk, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    This is my FAVORITE new small time grower recommendation!

Marijuana BUDS for Less See More Buds (HQ)

There is obviously a lot more complicated ways but if you flip through that book and like what you see it's stupid simple and gives you a complete list of what you will need.

AND.... It's a JOURNAL and a BOOK!!!

6. kindof asking a LOT, sorry dude. People tend to find this "first post, tell me EVERYTHING" kind of stuff offensive :)

7. that being said

a 5 gallon bubble bucket would be perfect:

5 gallon bucket with lid wrapped entirely in refective mylar (not ducttape as that insulates too much, unless you have an overcooling issue) so that light can NOT get into it and raise Ph by growing algea

air pump for 20 gallon aquarium with black tubing and 6 inch airstone or round one (maybe like 5inch or so)

50 watt heater WITH built in thermostat set to minimum (likely 68F but lower is better)

400-600Watt Metal Halide/High Pressure Sodium light fixture with hanging kit

small oscillating fan to move some air around

little water pump if you want to water roots, maybe a timer too. This would turn this DWC into a RDWC

youll also need nutes. Ive had great success with Advanced Nutrients line. Maybe some Sensi A&B Grow and Bloom. Use Distilled water to change out the res once every 7-10 days with proper ammount of nutes for plant size.

digital Ph Meter and PPM meter and Thermometer for res, plus thermometer and hygrometer for near the plant

as you can see there are a LOT of things to get to have a successful hydrponic (or any other) grow but this list should keep you busy for awhile :)

8. 5 gallon bucket 1_ 3" net cup or the actual top for the bubble bucket works too air pump 5 gallon of distilled water and I use gh bites flora series I get good results with 1k hps change and add water as needed Ph meter and tds meter is a must have