Give it another shot or let her go?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by splicer436, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Hey guys.

Gonna try and keep this short. This girl, in my class, had a thing for her for a while now. Always got along great, a LOT in common etc. Pretty much my dream girl. So i finally asked her out, spilled the beans, got friendzoned pretty bad, saying that she never had a serious relationship, is used to being alone and doesnt want to hurt me in the long run because she doesnt think it would work out. I didnt push. Weeks that followed, became even more friendly and talkative towards me, even some physical contact like playing with my hair, but nothing more, as i was trying to give her the space and time she asked for.

Thing is, im trying to convince myself to get over her, but its not working, and its starting to get in the way of my studies. I swear, sometimes i just wanna get her alone, and just kiss her. One chance out of two, and id know for sure.

What do you guys think I should do? Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Thanks, have a good one

2. im kind of in the same perdicament with a girl to. but we went out a few times then she stoped talking to me but then i saw her again then she acted like nothing happend so idk.

3. dude im in the same exact boat as well... sucks huh? i kinda told this girl how i feel and she hasn't texted back since. she also called out of work where she usually works with me every other weekend cleaning. may have just fuckd up a good friendship...

4. well i havent really told her how i feel cause when we went out we "hung out" when i droped her off at her place the second time she said she had fun and wanted to do it again so i was planning on telling her then but it never happend. and i dont want to ruin being friends.

5. I think you should move on. Showing her that you aren't waiting for her is the best bet. Maybe she will realize she lost someone special.

It is a win win. Either you get to date the dream girl or you get to date a different girl.

6. same shit happened to me. i got friend zoned, and then got fucking played with for over a year when i should have just dropped it. You will just end up getting played.....i'd move on if i were you.

7. im thinking that what il do if shes just going to ingnore me and blow me off.

8. OP listen closely. She's one of those girls. Indecisive, doesn't knows what she wants, fucks with you, obviously trying to confuse you. Just get the fuck out. You may think she's hot shit, because she obviously does. But she's not. She's just another girl.

Bitches... fuck em man. Get you some money.

9. well im not wanting her cause shes "hot" but i get what ur saying.

10. Ain't that the worst? I've had a girl like this, but we even made out a few times but went no where. It took a while for me to figure her out, and eventually it took me going all out to see where she stood.

In the end, it was a good thing. Even though I ended up getting hurt and burned, I started dating another girl like a week after.

What I'm trying to say is that Douggs has the classification right and you should either go big or go home. She's one of those girls who doesn't want anything serious, so you could either take a shot and prob end up getting rejected, or just let it go.

My advice, you let it go. Still be friends or whatever, just not close. Hell, she might even end up wanting you if you back off. Thats just my opinion.

Good luck homes

11. Thats what i would do.

12. Bro once ur in the friendzone fuck it dude I always say If she looks good then you have no problem attracting Someoene Better than her

13. First of all thanks to everyone who took the time to reply.

Sorry to hear that man...that is why I never text a girl when it's about something important. If I were you I'd just go see her and talk about it, no harm in that.

This is what I keep telling myself....and the funny thing is, this is kind of what she told me when we went out and had that loong talk; that she hopes she'll change her mind sooner than later and realize what she's about to lose. I guess time will tell if she was just BSing me.

Man, I hope this is not the case with her, but you're probably right. Damn it, the more I think about it, more I realize it's time to man the hell up and put this behind me. Oh and focus on getting that proverbial fat cash.

Thanks for the advice dude. This is what I had in mind as well, just had a hard time admitting it to myself. The stress just aint worth it anymore. Sometimes I wonder how the hell do I keep finding these girls?..

14. Thats why you never actually ask a girl out or tell them how you feel until after you sleep with them if ever

15. Haha, ain't that the truth...

By the way, I would love to hear a girl's perspective on this whole situation. I know you're out there reading this. Cheers

16. I def feel that. If you can admit it to yourself and forget about this chick immediately, you're a better man than I. Regardless of what happens, the best thing to remember is that this will be a good learning experience and shape your future experiences. That's pretty much all I got.

Oh and don't forget that old saying "you want what you can't have." For some odd, inexplicable reason, this statement is so true on every level. It confuses the hell out of me, but it's one thing that I have found to exist no matter what the relationship.

17. move on homie. nows not your time.

do your thing, you do you and maybe in the future if its meant to be you'll start things over again.

but for now, forget about it. cut her ass off, this is what i tell everyone whos in this situation. no good will come out with you if you continue to be around her.

its hard to get over someone when you continue to interact with them so dont pay them attention. she will prolly think your mad at her for avoiding but tell your busy, just give her some bullshit.

18. Well, I spoke too soon. Turns out I'm not that much of a better man than you. Having come to terms with option A - ignoring her and seeing where that goes, and it was going pretty well the last few days, no contact with her whatsoever, today I see her again and as soon as I just say hi to her, she's sticking to me like glue and asking for that attention. And what do I do? Instead of holding my own and cutting it short, I melt like a piece of fucking butter and play her game. And even though it feels great being around her, I cant get the thought that I'm being played out of my head.

But that's it. First chance I get, Im a tell her this BS cant go on, she's gotta make up her mind, because I dont want to end up her boy-toy, no matter how much she means to me. So wish me luck, be back with an update later on. Cheers

19. Well, just as I thought, it all went to shit. Turns out nothing had changed about the way she feels towards me, and I was just being taken for a ride. In the end I basically told her to leave me the fuck alone. Managed to keep my cool through it though. Came home later on, and I actually shed a few tears after a couple of beers, something that hasnt happened since as long as I can fucking remember, not even after being dumped by my first love. I'm seriously starting to wonder how or if I'm going to meet a girl that stirs the same feelings in me. On a long enough period of time, I guess it's inevitable, but right now I feel so fucking alone. Going out with friends isnt helping. Getting wasted or smoking with them isnt doing the trick either. I mean she's on my mind 24/7, no matter what I do. "Best" thing is, tomorrow and the every day after that, I'm going to have to see her and be around her and live with it. Dont know man, karma seriously fucked me on this one.

Anyway, besides all that, thanks again GC for all the advice. I only wish that I had taken it more seriously. Now if you'll excuse me, gonna down a couple more beers. Cheers

20. Damn man that is rough. We've all been there though, I'm going through the same bullshit right now myself. It fucking sucks. If getting fucked up isn't taking your mind off of her, why not try keeping a clear mind for a while. When I get stoned all I think about is this damn girl, and it blows. I've been going for walks outside just to give my mind a break from everything, and it seems to be helping my mood.

There's no point in regretting anything. You'll find a cooler, sexier chick out there eventually dude.