Girlfriend wont stop talking to ex

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by nugrunbho, Dec 29, 2015.

1. I need a couple cents on the subject.
    Backstory: I met this girl in 9th grade and we dated a month. For whatever reason, we broke up. A few months go by and she gets a boyfriend. We are still friends at this point. They're together for a few more months and we start reconnecting romantically, but not because I was pushing the romance. She ends up cheating on him with me a year down this line and I want to be with her. She totally rejects me and goes back to him. They got past it and continued dating.She still secretly talked to me, and still secretly flirted with me. And I started falling for her. We stopped talking for two years however, and they broke up within that span. They've been together for 3 years and were still romantically involved 2 years after that. I start dating her again now that I'm 20. I first dated her when I was 14.

If you decided to skip that long intro, I don't blame you. Anyway, we've been dating for a little over 4 months now and she still has her ex's stuff laying around the room. During the first month, I expressed that I didn't feel comfortable with this, but I didn't force her to do anything because I didn't want to impose my beliefs onto her. I believe that the past is the past and that's where it should be left. Recently however, she had been keeping in contact with said ex and even had one of his stuffed animals on her bed on a day when I was sleeping over. The relationship is starting to get serious and I am getting fed up with her past entanglements with this guy. She says that she won't get rid of it because it's her stuff and she likes it. I offer to replace all of it because it makes me insecure to know that she still relishes in his memories and what not. She says no. I tell her to stop talking to the guy and she still says no and that I am being controlling. I expressed to her that I am not a rebound or placeholder for him and then I gave her an ultimatum. She chose not to stop talking to him or get rid of his shit so I broke up with her.

Am I overreacting? Or is she just not ready for a new relationship?

2. I think she'll do what she's done before and go back to the other guy. It seems like she's alternating between you both, and that she's using both of you trying to make one jealous when she's with the other. You were right to dump her, relationships are for 2 people (Excluding orgies lol). Idk she seems weird man, I'd get out of there. How did she react to you dumping her?

3. I read the thread title. run, cuz.

if you don't, YOU will regret it.

4. I'm thinking the same thing. I wish I would have thought about this before taking her across the country to meet my parents. Could've saved a lot of money.
    The guy has a girlfriend but before we dated, he was cheating on that girlfriend with mine. She told me that she stopped it and said she didn't need him in her life anymore, but her actions on this matter are proving otherwise.

When I dumped her, she said "Well, have fun then." That's all.

5. Wise words. Bachelor life isn't even that bad tbh.

6. RUN! (don't look back)

"love" doesn't hurt and people that "love" you won't hurt you.

good luck

7. I'll have to go with the old saying, "Once a cheater, always a cheater," here. She's obviously not mature enough to understand or "back up" a real commitment or relationship. You did the right thing. You definitely don't want to go through the "hell" of dealing with someone who is not on the same plane relationship-wise as you. It's just a big setup for some serious hurt on down the road. So.....CUDOS for seeing her for who she really is. The only person you have the ability to change is yourself and no matter how bad you want her feelings to be the same for you as yours are for her, you cannot make her feel the same as you. There is another very special lady out there for you. You just have to have the patience to wait on her and recognize her when she does come into your life. At the ripe old age of 20, I'd say there is absolutely no reason for you to be serious about ANYBODY right now. Go ahead and enjoy being young and free. You have plenty of years left to be tied down with responsibility!! TWW

8. Thanks for the input, guys. You're making me feel more confident in this decision.

9. Sounds like nobody can keep it in their pants. Those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

10. Get the fuck out of there op. Yous a rebound.

11. Cut that bitch off. As many girls as there are, why waste your time for one who is playing with your emotions?
    If you were the one going behind her back, she would've left you already.

12. The fact that she cheated on her previous boyfriend on YOU should raise a red flag instantly. Once a cheater always a cheater. There are plenty more fish in the sea brother.

13. This. Time to break up and find a good woman who is faithful.

14. Especially is you're 20 now. She sounds like she still acts like she's 14 bro.

15. I have found in my relatively long life that once a cheater, always a cheater.

16. 2 years had passed. I thought people grew up and changed. :(

17. bruh you were fucking with her when she was with dude and still decided to get serious with her in the first place. The fuck kind of logic is that ijs? If she did it to him she'd probably would(and proably did) do it to you. These hoes is for everybody Lol.

18. What about the song "love hurts"

But ya I totally agree get away from her ass

19. Can I get a woman's take on the subject?