Girlfriend issues.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Stickypages, Apr 4, 2011.

1. To start off, to put things in perspective I'm 20 years old going to firefighting college at the moment. I'm pretty content with life at the moment, things are going pretty well for myself except for the following.

My girlfriend of two years gets angry (as in visibly upset) about the smallest things that I don't see any relative importance in. It happens so often that it's affecting our relationship and she realizes this. We both love each other, very much. The other day we were talking and she told me she wants me to be happy, whether I'm with her or without her. The thing is, I'm not happy whenever she has her flare ups. I'm not sure whether I should start the process of getting over her now or stick with it.

Any advice or similar stories, blades?

2. I know exactly what you're going through. I usually point to the birth control pill causing that... not sure though.

I would blaze with her and sit and talk about her problems, or do it sober.

Communication is so important you need to tell her everything you told us, even if it hurts her feelings. If you can that open with her to tell her that stay with her and fix the problems, love is a great thing.

:)

3. Tell her to smoke some herb and calm the fuck down...

if she doesn't... leave, and live your fire fighting days happy and content

4. Basically, things probably aren't going to work out. Sounds exactly like my most recent relationship, except I was the one getting upset. Maybe you should rethink just how compatible you are with her, not the part of you that likes her, but you as your own person.

5. I hadn't looked at it that way. Maybe looking at myself and the situation objectively will really help.

Thank you, you've really helped me out. Smokin' a bowl in your honor good sir.

6. If it makes you feel any better I'm a fire medic and the pussy is plentiful as a fire fighter. Sorry ladies for the vulgarity however it is just sOmething about a man in uniform all sweaty from the burning buildings that they can't resist.

7. i totally agree, I had the same proplem with an old gf. I basically fell out of love with her and started flippin out about little things that shouldnt have mattered if I was in love with her. It ended of course. IF you can get her to be a little introspective maybe she'll realise that is the case with her.
    But I doubt it, usually people dont wanna be honest with them selfs.... alot of time they just blame it on others (ie. you)
    Anyway, just try to make a clean cut in the relationship and end it. The sooner the better. Trust
    I know

8. I deff recommend talking to her and maybe you can get this fixed without having to forget about her :)

9. haha I was gonna say...is she on birth control?

10. This is the reason why she doesn't like me going to bars without her. As soon as the ladies know I'm going to firefighting college (not even in the career yet) I can't get them to stop. I don't understand.

11. tell her politely to chill out

12. tranquilizer

13. Have you ever thought that maybe what's not
    important to you is important to her?

Sounds like there just needs to be some better
    communication on both parts. If you do something
    that makes her visibly upset, maybe just try to
    avoid it.

Plus the whole firefighting thing...unless you're very
    trustworthy, you being so young and having pussy thrown
    at you left and right, really doesn't help things. Guys stray...
    they look, we notice.

All this sounds like to me is that she's losing her confidence
    about herself and her relationship. Which could be why she's
    getting so upset. Have you been a good bf lately? Or have
    your eyes been straying...girls notice the littlest things man...
    We sense just one thing is off, then everything is off and we'll
    blow things out of portion. It's the emotional side going crazy.

Things will go one of two ways...
    You stay with her, communicate, work things out together,
    get down to the root problems of why she's been acting out...
    or break up...go be a firefighter...find new women.

:confused_2: That's just the way it is.

14. sounds like a bitch being a bitch tbh

yeah, crazy i know. they get overly emotional about what we as guys see as stupid shit..
    it fuckin happens

establish ur dominance and be like bitch chill the fuck out

lol or just tell her she needs to understand shes overreacting

btw im thinking of followin the firefighter path as well, whats the circumstances when it comes to toking?

15. Bitches are fucking nuts. Realizing this doesn't make it any easier to deal with other than staying away....crzy bitches be crazy

16. Put that bitch in a headlock and tell her what's good.

17. If she is bringing you down to bad, drop her. Your life > hers. You may love her, but your life goals are more important then being stressed out over her being a bitch for a non-valid reason. :wave:

18. It depends on your country and position. Volunteer guys normally don't get randomly tested, but everyone gets screen tested in the beginning, just a piss test. If you're a full time fire fighter there are supposed to be random tests, but they only occur when there's suspicion of use.

The only shitty part is you automatically get tested if you injure yourself or a large incident happens at your fault. If you're volunteer or full time.

Gotta be careful. I may have to drop it once I graduate my program.

19. sounds like one of them good problems