Girlfriend is weird about cannabis, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by beatadrum, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Hey, so I met my current girlfriend awhile ago and from day 1 she knew I was a regular smoker. I thought she was too(she's very hippie looking with dreads, etc.). She likes to smoke but only by her self. When we smoke together she gets paranoid easily and is generally just not as fun to be around. At first it was a lot of fun she wouldn't mind if I blazed before dates. Lately it's turned into her saying "I like you better when you're sober" which irritates me because it doesn't change me at all. My family, my friends, co-workers, no one can tell when I'm high or sober so that leads me to believe this is all in her head. What do you guys think of this?

2. Bishes be crazy bro. I know your feel.

3. I can feel ya, my lady used to love talking to me about my plants and hearing how to process hash and such, but after about 6 months she just got tired of hearing about it. So I just never bring it up, she never brings it up. You just got to do that because it's really not her business, it's yours. And if you truly act the same high or not, then you should be fine. The smell is only thing that has given it away In the past for me, but if your gf is anything like mine, she will understand you have a reason to blaze, and it won't kill her mood the end. Me and my girlfriend get along great like always, coming up on our one year. Hope this helps :)

4. Get rid of her. Shes trying to change you, for herself. Side note - how do people get into relationships with people theyre not compatible with?

5. my girlfriend and me started dating when i was smoking a lot and other shit. I was put on probation for two years when i drank. She hates when i drink so i never do that let alone around her. She doesn't prefer me to smoke around her and i usually don't but when shes at work or shit i smoke and she knows. We are going on three years but you two need to communicate if its important to you. Of course like Nick32 said, you two just may not be compatible and need to cut losses.

6. sounds like she's thinking too much.. Do you guys communicate well enough to talk about problems you guys have? She could be overwhelmed with something inside her. Talk to her about it.

7. Tha truf

8. It's impossible to be compatible on every level unless you are a very simple person with another very simple person. Otherwise, there will never be 100% compatibility. Being in a healthy relationship means figuring out what is more important to match up on.

If weed is incredibly important to you and this will always be an ongoing issue, then by all means, get rid of her.

9. #9 Zeddy, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2012
    I love weed. When I first started dating someone who was a way bigger stoner than I am, I thought "great!" until I noticed how much of a compulsion/addiction it was for him and how negatively it had affected his life and how much of his identity was defined by it. Then it really started to bother me. At first my own use increased a lot around him, then I just didn't want to smoke with him anymore.

Are you the "always high" type? Maybe your weed-smoking, dreadlocked, hippie girl friend is uptight about drugs, or maybe something about your usage looks unhealthy to her.

I'll never understand people who don't think weed counts as a drug, or who smoke constantly, but don't believe it's an addiction. Saying something like "it doesn't change me at all" makes it sound super habitual. They say an addiction is when you need a substance to feel normal.

10. She could be saying this because she might feel like you like weed more then her talk to her about it if she still acts this way dump her ass