Girlfriend having the same name as sister?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by 13iGGy, Oct 24, 2010.

1. or other way around: brother having same name as boyfriend?

Does it bother you?

There is this pretty damn fine girl in one of my classes so I started to talk to her. We hit it off pretty well and then she told me her name. I still talk to her just as much as before but now it kinda feels weird to me to get serious with her since she has the same name as my sister. I mean like, imagine in bed or other romantic stuff like that. I think that overtime I'll get use to it but hell it'll take me some time.

What do you think GC?

2. i gotta agree with u man

that shit can get wacked....

3. :laughing:

I see how that can be uncomfortable. Maybe if the relationship evolves you can give her a little nickname or something. Or just call her babe, honey, stuff like that.

4. #4 13iGGy, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
    :D
    true, very true. that can be very helpful thanks!!

also i can't believe some people chose the last answer in the poll :D:laughing::laughing:

5. You're welcome. :D
    Yeah that seriously made me laugh. and gag at the same time! whatever floats their boat though. I wouldn't know I have no cousins...:rolleyes:

6. My girlfriend DOES have the same name as my sister. The only reason it dosnt bother me is because there are also a million other girls with that name, and they ARE 2 completely different people, if they looked alike it would bother me.

7. lol the girl i lost my virginity to has the same name as my sister

8. I wouldn't care if her name was Waldo. you're overthinking it!

9. HA HA. I met a cougar one night when my buddy and I were out on the town. Hes giving me the thumbs up of approval but she had the same name as my mom. I couldnt continue, it was awkward. I still get shit for it all the time but I just couldnt go home with an older woman that has the same name as my mom.

10. i feel you thats even more weird than a chick that has the same name as your sister

11. thats disgusting. i would never be with someone that has the same name as anyone in my family.

12. I wouldn't be able to do it, I think it'd be too weird. Luckily my mom and sister have typically male names, spelled in a feminine way (Terry, Raye) so I doubt I'll have to worry about that unless I start bangin dudes.

13. I don't think it's weird at all... A name is just a name. I wouldn't pass up a good opportunity just because of something that silly. :p

First dude I slept with had the same name as my dad. Didn't phase me at all. :confused_2:

14. My gf has the woman form of my name :confused_2:

Its actually pretty cute and interesting... it will be fun to look back on if things dont work out.

As far as the same name as a sibling, I've gotten around it before. Look at her as a person with a name. Match the name with her personality and the things she likes.

As far as romantic stuff goes, thoughts about who and what you are looking at should be playing through your mind.... and what you want to do with them :devious: (her body during sex)

15. my girl has the same name as my mom. and birthday.

..... its pretty wierd. but hey, at least i wont get in trouble for not remembering her bday

16. it can get weird man.. my gf had the same name as my cousin and i sent the wrong text to the wrong person.... it was along the lines of "you wanna fuck again tonight? im feelin horny." she figured it out, and it wasn't a big deal in the end, but it was embarrassing :eek:

17. so you're the one who voted for "Meh its nothing i fuck my cousin".... hahaha just playin but damn that sucks about the whole txting thing. glad it worked out well in the end.(must've been really awkward the time you and your cousin met again lol)

18. Only if I've had sexual thoughts about my sister...........
    [​IMG]