Girlfriend can't take a joke.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Burnoutt, May 25, 2012.

1. Sup, blades. I've got a predicament for you. My girlfriend simply cannot take a joke. Just today, we were coming inside from a walk. She looked at me, laughed, and said "Your hair looks funny!". I retorted (In an OBVIOUS joking manner); "You're one to talk", winked and LAUGHED. All very obvious.

She got angry, and walked away from me. Sent me a text shortly after; "Anything else you want to make fun of?".

What the frick? :rolleyes:

2. Text back "The way you over-react."
    You gotta do it.
    Then send something like "Ok, you don't seem to have picked up that it was a joke...in future when I say things like this, try to think for a moment about if I would just out of the blue say hurtful shit to you? I don't do that (unless you do?) so it's a joke."

Honestly, yeah be straight forward about things like this - I piss my chick off all the time, she's so used to it that it only annoys her that I try...but, if it's about you and the kind've guy you are, and you're just trying to bring a bit of fun into things...well, she should understand that, and if she doesn't, explain it to her.
    If she doesn't "get" your sense of humour, that just means she has a different type, which is good, as you won't seem like a boring pair of motherfucking clones.

Good luck.

3. Lol my ex did all sorts of funny shit

"Does this shirt look good?"

Me- "of course"

"I think it looks terrible"

me-"then change?"

"Why, because you think the shirt looks terrible dont you....."

me-"no... i just said it doesnt"

"you think im ugly"

me-"What??? no i dont"

"fuck it, im not going out im too ugly"

[​IMG]

4. Dump her and move on she sounds pretty wack...

5. When she gets pissed off at you, ask her if she's on her period. She'll forgive you in an instant haha

6. Sounds like the girl that just left me. Trust me I'm glad she did. No offense but this girl seems like she's not right for you. If someone makes a joke about you and can't take one about themselves then they might just be narcissistic which i s just leading to a very bad unhealthy relationship. A lot of narcissistic people seem to lack a cause and effect thinking. They don't realize their actions will have reactions.

However I could be wrong but that's a tall tale sign. Best of luck but you do need to call her out on it. If she denies and tries to turn it back on you. Definitely narcissism. Watch out and happy toking.

7. Well yeah, there's also the fact that she could be one of these annoying chicks that thrive on drama, only them turning from girls to women will change that...sometimes.

8. If an female doesn't have an sense of humor then I don't care to befriend them.

9. Here's how the convo went. (I know, I know , over texts. I won't see her for another day though, wanted to just get this over with).

Me: Oh, take a joke. I meant it playfully, as did you. Don't dish it out if you can't take it..

Her: Fine, I'll be Amanda (An ex of mine who's known to overreact to EVERYTHING..) & be boring & a bad girlfriend. Fine by me. I say things with a smile, you say things seriously. Also, if my hair didn't look like shit then I wouldn't of cared... but it did. You knew that, and so did I. You're supposed to be calling me beautiful.

Me: You're making no sense. You insulted me, I insulted you. I laughed and WINKED when I did it. Like honestly. Every time I try and play around with you, you storm off and say how I "Say it seriously".

Blablabla, she says how she loves how we can joke in our relationship and she doesn't want it to change. I tell her if she doesn't lighten up it's going to change REALLY soon, and she apologizes profusely.

Problem solved? Probably not. :rolleyes: Time will tell..

10. I hate it when people are like that.

I used to joke around like that all the time, because to me it's obvious that I'm not serious - I wouldn't say stupid shit and mean it, but some people just can't take a joke.

She either needs to get to know you better or grow up....

11. she's waiting for you to call her and tell her how great her hair looks..

it's what chicks do..

12. [quote name='"burnout91"']

Here's how the convo went. (I know, I know , over texts. I won't see her for another day though, wanted to just get this over with).

Me: Oh, take a joke. I meant it playfully, as did you. Don't dish it out if you can't take it..

Her: Fine, I'll be Amanda (An ex of mine who's known to overreact to EVERYTHING..) & be boring & a bad girlfriend. Fine by me. I say things with a smile, you say things seriously. Also, if my hair didn't look like shit then I wouldn't of cared... but it did. You knew that, and so did I. You're supposed to be calling me beautiful.

Me: You're making no sense. You insulted me, I insulted you. I laughed and WINKED when I did it. Like honestly. Every time I try and play around with you, you storm off and say how I "Say it seriously".

Blablabla, she says how she loves how we can joke in our relationship and she doesn't want it to change. I tell her if she doesn't lighten up it's going to change REALLY soon, and she apologizes profusely.

Problem solved? Probably not. :rolleyes: Time will tell..[/quote]

Reply with: Your pubic hair has been looking pretty funky lately too. This will cause a break up and then you can find a girl that can take a joke ;)