Girl Scout Cookies Micro Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by weeker808, Jun 22, 2013.

It's pretty much the most popular top shelf strain in dispensaries right now.  Not sure the origin, but really popular out in California.  Goes for $55-60 8th in clubs.  Not worth that much imo, but people will pay it.

I've been thinking of growing this strain next.  Seen teen clones for $20 from one dispensary; thinking that might be a better option than seeds.

2. Oh I see. Its a pretty big deal out here. People are paying hundreds for a clone. Tell them Ohioans they are missin out!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. $55-60! What a rip! Still, its a solid strain with super fruity notes and a strong, long lasting high. I would do the clone, though. It was just so much easier and faster than seed.

4. Nice grow. Is it really wearth all money tho? All sites that sell them over charge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Are you talking about the box? If you are, its totally worth it. I've put probably $50-60 in this box. If I even get a half ounce out of it, it will pay for itself. Plus its an awesome hobby that keeps me busy.

But that's really only the case if you make it yourself. They are really expensive to buy brand new because they take a fair amount of work and thought to put together.

6. BTW, here's a pic of the front of the box with the lights on. It is completely stealth. I had my father in law over while it was running and he had no idea. :)

Attached Files:

I should clarify, you will find all sorts of grades of GSC around now.  They offer "specials for like $110-120 half oz for greenhouse GSC.  The clubs overcharge for sure, but what I've seen on the streets does not even come close to comparing to the higher grade stuff. 

Got a batch of it from a grower friend recently.  It wasn't cured at all (as most street bud isn't), but has a really nice taste.  I'm not gonna pay high club prices myself, so don't really buy it really.

But yeah, after my Ken's OG grow, gonna probably get some clones (assuming they are still available) and try my luck.

Keep up with updates on your grow, curious on the flowering time; 8-9 weeks?

I believe Girl Scout Cookies was created by the San Francisco based rapper Berner.

9. Probably why I see it everywhere here in SF.

10. Yea GSC goes for 15/g in WA. Platinum Cookies (Platinum Kush x GSC) goes for even more! they are always super dank though...

You know im not too sure how long she's gonna need to flower for. I'm thinking probably closer to 9 weeks since I'm 23 days into flower and the buds havent fattened yet. I am committing to not harvesting early, though. And in 5 weeks when I'm getting impatient and wanting to harvest, you guys are gonna have to remind my stoney ass I said this.

11. I guess this is our answer.

Attached Files:

12. What's up folks.

Sorry its been a couple of days since I've updated with pics. I finally got that tiger bloom I've been talking about and gave it to her at half strength last watering. She seems to have really loved it. She picked up a lot of weight over the last couple of days and the new growth around the buds is also back to that nice green color and are getting a bit sugary. She's letting of a bit more smell as well.

Im wondering though if I should water with nutes every time from here till flush? or every other time? And when should I flush?

Thanks guys and as always Let me know what you guys think!

Attached Files:

13. Anyone have an idea of what kind of yield I should expect? Do you think I can get an oz?

14. Well I don't know if anyone is still paying attention, but here's an update.

So I've made a couple of changes...

I just moved my power strips to the side of my box, so that I would have more vertical room. I don't know why I didn't set it up this way in the first place, since more light comes out of the side of the bulbs. Oh well. It gave me probably another 5-6 vertical inches to play with, which is awesome. This is what I love about this; always improving and changing.

Ive been using tiger bloom recently, and she's been loving it. All of her bud sites have gained weight and size as well as getting nice and frosty. I just watered again today with half strength nutes. I think the next watering is gonna be without nutes, and then ill move to full strength.

Check out the pics and let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

15. Nutes every 3rd watering. At half strength until the last three before flush then i would use full. But that is just my 2cents. Happy Growing

16. Good to know. Thank you sir.

17. Man she's really showing potential! Looks like she really perked up the last couple days. Keep doin' what your doing. Did you trim?

Honesty by looking at her so far.No doubt about an ounce from this gem. Just gotta wait till harvest :)

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Wow. Thank you for the encouragement. Man, If I could get an oz of dry product I would be stoked.

I haven't trimmed lately because I felt like i might have over done it when I switched from veg to flower. And it doesn't look like the leaves are blocking any bud sites so I was just gonna let her be for now.

Other than the nutes I haven't really done anything special lately. Like you said she's showing potential so as long as I dont screw up too badly from now till harvest, I think she's gonna do fine.

I hate to brag, but I think she doing pretty damn well for my first grow.

:)

Happy growing!

19. As long as you give that sweet lady love. She'll give it right back. She's sure showing and loving it. She's rocking that hair cut for sure!

Make sure you don't over due tgose nutes bro, and I admit. You do seem to have this down. Can you do a comparison shot of those bud sites later on

20. Yea I'm gonna be really careful not to go crazy with nutes. And I'm thinking of doing a time lapse post towards the end.

Thanks again for your kind words. This is definitely a lifetime hobby that I'm hoping to only get better and better at.