Girl Scout Cookies Blow Out!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by steppastyle, May 9, 2018.

1. The good part is about to come up. I’m excited to see these ladies start flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I spent the last 28 hours without power. Some freak storms came through my area and took out power lines all around me. Finally getting turned back on. I have a 4000 watt emergency generator, but I used that for keeping the refrigerator and some lights and a fan running. Girls seemed to enjoy the day of rest and haven’t seemed phased or stressed at all.

I used this day of darkness to go ahead and flip the three girls to 12/12 cycle. I’m leaving the metal halide light in for now but will pop in my hortilux high pressure sodium later this week. When I grow SCROG, I try to get the hps in there early to encourage more stretch. But if I’m growing un-netted I’ll keep the metal halide in until week 3 to keep the plants compact.

• Like Like x 1
  3. We are through the transition week and starting week 1 of flowering. The canopy is filling out nicely. A couple more open pockets to fill, otherwise it will be all upward from here. Just a reminder, the blueberry is in the front and the two GSC are in the back.

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. Aside from the corners as a couple holes here and there, the screen is pretty much full. Pretty much upward from here. Plan to defoliant this week.

IMG_1544.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just got done with some defoliation. The GSC are really hallow stems. Very easy to snap off during the tucking. I have lost a couple stems. While the blueberry is a little more woody and can be repaired easily.

IMG_1564.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. We are at day 12 of flowering. I popped in the high pressure sodium light yesterday. The GSC is still stretching pretty crazy while the blueberry has slowed down. The stems on the GSC are getting too stiff to tuck without snapping, so it looks like all upward growth from here. I’m hoping the GSC stretch slows down in the next couple days.

Other than that, all the plants are super healthy with no nutrient deficiency or burn. I’ve been basically flushing once a week and slightly fluctuate the pH from 5.7 to 6.0 over two weeks.

IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  7. It’s now day 18 of flowering.

I thought the blueberry stretched more when I grew it last, but there hasn’t been much vertical growth in the last week. While the two Girl Scout Cookies in the back have finally finished stretching. A good 8 inches taller than the blueberry.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Happy 4th of July and Happy Day 25 flowering.

Girls are showing some pH issues. I just did a full flush of about 6 gallons each of a mild soap solution to rinse the coco of any salt buildup. Now I’m going to dose them with some mid-bloom nutrients. Otherwise the buds are begging to bulk up and get frosty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. The GSC is getting nice and frosty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nice pics:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Man, I feel like I really messed up by pollinating my cookies cross. Can’t wait to see you get at harvest. Also, are you going to be doing perpetual soon? Really want to see you grow Mantanuska sometime soon again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Been a while since I updated. I’m at day 49. Girls are really beginning to pack on some weight. I think I backed off the nitrogen too early in flowering . That affected the blueberry. I have to harvest in two weeks. I got that under control, now the leaves are just showing their fall colors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My timing is a little off. I’ll have to harvest in two weeks regardless. I have a lot of family coming to visit from out of the country for a week. It would be rude to stink up the house with a GSC harvest. Then I head out of town for most of the remainder of August.

But can’t forget about my two mother plants. They can’t wait to go under the scrog net.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. I’m a week behind you. What do you have going in next?

14. Nice. I have two more Girl Scout Cookies in the veg tent to flower. I really want to get a good understanding of how they grow. After that I got some Sour Kush aka Headband. But who knows.

The GSC has really exploded with bud growth. Still lots of white hairs and clear trichomes. I have to really a assess my schedule the remainder of August to see how I could push back harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I’m considering a 4x4 tent upgrade for flowering out girls and keeping my 2x2 for vegging out plants. With my current set up, I am getting enough to last me an entire grow cycle but not a fan of how being limited to one big plant or two smaller plants.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Day 58 of flowering, day 66 since flip to 12/12.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im still conflicted on when to harvest.. But I do know for sure I am not harvesting this weekend. Now I’m thinking I chop in 12 days, between my travels. Since I have humidity and temp dialed in the basement, if it comes down to it, I can chop, slow dry, and trim later. I hate dry trimming so that is a last resort.

• Like Like x 3
  17. I was able to sneak in a harvest today!

Good morning girls.
    [​IMG]

The Girl Scout Cookie sugar leaves were beginning to show their fall colors with lots of amber trichomes, while the pistils where 80% orange. Don’t worry, those dark spots are not mold, just frosty purple and orange autumn sugar leaves.
    [​IMG]

Lots of finger and scissor hash. Very sticky stuff.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the blueberry got the chop too.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Love those fall colors. Also that harvest looks like it will be killer. Do you have anything in a sample dry and cure or do you do everything at once?

19. Finally back in town. I’ve literally been from coast to coast and back again. Girls had a nice slow dry and are now in the cure jars. Really dense nugs. 190 grams total.

Smoking a little harsh right now, nothing a little time in the cure jars won’t fix. But this stuff is probably the most potent stuff I’ve grown to date. Super happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still got the other two plants ready to flower. I just need to get down there and doing some cleaning on Saturday. Then I will drop some of the Headband seeds!

• Like Like x 2
  20. The other two Girl Scout Cookies are going into the flower tent. Been vegging out for almost 5 months now. Lots of pre-flowers.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2