Girl Scout Cookies Blow Out!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by steppastyle, May 9, 2018.

1. Time to start a new grow journal!
    I welcome any and all to follow along and post any questions or comments.

The set up:
    3x3 grow tent with 600 watt iPower MH for veg. And Hortilux Eye HPS for flowering. I have a SCROG net on a pulley system that I can add in later.
    3x3 grow tent with 200 watt CFL for clones and seedling that will be converted to a 400 watt flowering chamber.
    Soon to assemble... 2x3 200 watt cfl nursery.
    50:50 coco coir perlite mix
    GH Flora Trio mix for Hard Water
    5 gallon cloth pots for flowering
    3 gallon eco-grow pots for nursery

What’s growing:
    4x Cali Connection Girl Scout Cookies
    3x Dutch Passion Blueberry

The Back Story:
    I came into these GSC seeds while on a trip back home a couple weeks ago. I’ve been running a perpetual grow journal for the past few years but I’m thinking it’s time to start a new thread. I had 3 Dutch Passion Blueberry growing, but I was really excited about these new GSC so I popped 4. Let’s get all caught up to where I am today...

On April 8th I germinated 4 Girl Scout Cookies directly into rapid rooters.
    IMG_1262.JPG

By April 12th all 4 girls had begun to sprout.
    IMG_1269.JPG

April 21st I transplanted the Girl Scout Cookies to solo cups. The three girls in the back are the Dutch Passion Blueberry that were planted three weeks before the GSC.
    IMG_1309.JPG

April 28th and the 4 girls are growing well
    IMG_1346.JPG

May 1st
    IMG_1355.JPG

Now we are all caught up today...May 9th. All the girls are growing well. I have topped all four GSCs one time so far. This past weekend I transplanted 2 GSC into 5 gallon cloth pots and put under the 600 watt MH light. The other two girls I transplanted into 3 gallon bottom feeding eco-pots and will keep as mothers in the nursery. I kept the strongest one of the blueberry. All were doing great, but I decided I wanted to blow out the Girl Scout Cookies more. I’ll keep one Blueberry and throw her under the MH once the two GSC catch up in size.

The nursery tent with two GSC and one Blueberry
    IMG_1387.JPG

The 600 watt tent with two GSC. I’ll throw the Blueberry in here next week once these girls get a little bigger. This is the tent that has the SCROG system. I will put that in a little closer to flowering.
    IMG_1386.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. How high was your light when you sprouted them? I'm about to put up my grow tent and was thinking of using a table. I love having circulation around the pot.

3. Hi Dogma. Until the seeds break the surface of the rapid rooter I keep them in the dark, on a heat mat. Once the seed breaks the surface I keep the 200 watt CFL about 16” then slowly close the gap over the next week or so. After week two, I can keep the light about 6” away. The mother plants will be as close as 2”

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looking good. I just recently completed a grow of white widow x Girl Scout cookies in the exact same setup 600 watt 3x3. Looking forward to following your setup, and seeing how I could improve. How did you manage to get straight GSC seeds, I thought it was clone only?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ill be watching this iv got one going at about the same time line as you of sour tangi started from seed...and lemon og clones.....how did you manage to get real gsc seeds?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks all for joining. The girls slowed down growth for a couple days after transplant, but have revved back up the past two days. I just gave everyone a thorough watering of week 3 nutrients. Make sure there was plenty of runoff to vacuum up. I’m going to be out of town the next five days.
    IMG_1395.JPG

I travel a lot for work so I have to rely on my wife to hold down the fort. She does not have a green thumb at all so I have dummy proof everything. Mostly a flush going into my trips, so all she has to do is spritz the girls with water once a day.

The two other GSC and Blueberry and chugging along too. The blueberry has been getting a lot of topping and stem bending to keep her height down with the other two catch up.
    IMG_1396.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. Awesome. I’ll check it out.

These are from the Cali Connection
    https://www.thecaliconnection.com/seeds/girls-scout-cookies-32.html.

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Girl_Scout_Cookies/The_Cali_Connection/

I’ve heard tons of great things about these from friends back home.

8. I’ll be tagging along. Curious to see how the GSC go. I’m running a Cookies cross myself at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good morning all. I am back home and was amazed at how much I these girls have grown in the past 5 days I’ve been gone. I was probably keeping the MH light a little too far away causing the girls to stretch a little. I moved that closer. I also did some gentle bending of the GSC to encourage some more side growth.

The girls got just a plain watering today. I go back out of town Monday morning for another 5 days and will probably drop the SCROG in then. I also went ahead and moved in the Blueberry under he MH. I will probably go ahead and flower her when I flip the two main GSC girls.

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks and sorry you had a disappointing experience with them. Three of my friends have grown these... two raved while one was not impressed like you.

They are not the biggest yielders. I also hear they can be temperamental with the nutrients and to pH fluctuations. So to counter that, I am basically going to be doing a flush every week to ensure the root mass stays on point.

Day 1 - flush two gallons pH water followed by two gallon nutrient water
    Day 4 or 5 (whenever coco is almost totally dry) - I just plain pH water, just enough to moisten the medium.
    Day 7 -repeat flush

• Like Like x 3
  11. I think that was my main issue is it wasn't a big yielded and it took forever to finish lol.....but I'm stoked to see how your turns out brotha

• Like Like x 1
  12. I went ahead and dropped in the SCROG. The girls are actually growing pretty quick. The SCROG is just a simple pinewood frame with 1/4” soft nylon rope. I have it supported by ratchet pulley on each corner.

I will probably veg these girls out another three weeks into the net, then flip to 12/12. I didn’t properly FIM the GSC girl in the back left, she was still growing pretty Christmas tree-like. But that has been taken care of. I will top all the other side growth tips when I get back from my trip.

All the girls got a full flush of plain water followed by a dose of week 3 nutrients.

IMG_1412.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. Like the scrog it looks like the cord has plenty of tension the way it should be, i used pvc, wire and zip ties, im following along

• Like Like x 1
  14. Back from my trip and the girls are doing great. I topped pretty much every growth tip this morning and gave a full watering. Once I get some solid canopy weaved through the net, I’ll go ahead and lollipop the undergrowth.

IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Looking amazing! GSC is an incredible strain, always a pleasure to cultivate.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Still going strong

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks guys.

Beginning to thread the branches through my screen. These pictures below are from different points the past 7 days. Doing some gentle lollipop’ing today and tomorrow then start my transition to flowering on Monday.

IMG_1441.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

• Like Like x 2