Girl Scout Cookies Auto - whole plant yellowing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SammySess, Dec 6, 2018.

1. #1 SammySess, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

Hey,

This is my 2nd grow. My first was 6 years ago. I moved out of CA for work and got back a year ago so decided to try my luck again with better genetics since the first time i cut an Afghan Kush Ryder too early and it was a super small yield.

Strain: FastBuds Girl Scout Cookies Auto

Light: 20 hours - 600w LED

Temp/Humidity: 77-83f (25-28c)/ 40 - 50%

Medium: Soil

Nutes: Biobizz Grow, Biobizz Heaven, Biobizz Bloom, and Biobizz Top Max.

I noticed the yellowing about a week or 2 ago.The fan leaves from the bottom yellowed and now have died off but seems to be happening to the rest of the plants leaves now.

I checked PH, water was 6.35 and run off was just under 7. It is on week 7 and a half since it popped out the seed. Just want to know if this yellowing is normal? I tried adding more nitrogen yesterday as I feel it might be a nitrogen issue.

The humidity may have had a part to play as I only got my meter a week ago and was reading 30% humidity. I remedied the situation and it now sits from 40%-50%. She got a bit of nute burn 2 feedings ago and I think thats because she was taking in too much water too quick due to the lack of humidity so just gave her 6.5 ph water the feeding after and went back to nutrients last feeding but a lesser amount.

So is this normal? The photo above was her 4 days ago - since then the yellowing has started spread to the top and leaves are losing their green to a pale yellow, eventually probably will turn totally yellow like the lower ones. My fear is that something is bothering her and its stressing her to the point where buds wont swell from here. Also wondering if it might be rootbound, which could be killing the plant? She may look dense in the photo but the buds arent really connected, i feel like she could swell a lot more but worried she wont because of this leaf issue.

(Its been 4 days since that photo and the yellowing is spreading to the top)

Any help appreciated, thanks

2. Just needs nitrogen mate - Although it's normal late in flower. Plus the leaves at the bottom are not receiving much light, so will naturally die off.
    PS - Checking PH in soil isn't worth it - Soil will naturally buffer to the correct PH range!
    I wouldn't worry.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thought it might be a nitrogen issue, but confused if its just natural since its flowering fast being an auto.

Anyone grown FastBuds GSC Auto? Is it normal to yellow so much?

4. I wouldn't worry mate - Keep doing what ur doing

5. Thanks for the replies - heres some photos of her today, its a bit hard to tell with the LED on but you can kind of see how the leaves are all yellowing and getting pale, some of the leaves are dying on the top before theyve fully yellowed. This is 4 days after the photo in my original post.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Like I said bro, this is a N def.
    How far into flower are you? You don't want to feed your plant any more nitrogen now (in flower)
    The other leaves that are going pale at the top could be through light bleaching but again, I really wouldn't worry now. Just get her matured and chop away :)

7. Cool, shes in week 5 of flower right now

• Like Like x 1
  8. Some photos out of the LED light for comparison:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stay calm and continue mate, all good. You will be done in 3/4 weeks - You could give her a little cal-mag if your really worried but the buds are sucking the food from the leaves to grow, so it's all very natural.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool, thanks a lot dude

• Like Like x 1
  11. They yellow leaves won't come back. Your pot is a little small, so she could be rootbound . Not sure what you have for soil, but looks like it could use perlite in the mix next time. Fabric pots will help that. The plant won't get rootbound. I know this is an auto and different than a photo, but they have vigorous growth and use a lot of N during the stretch . I give a good topdress of compost and ewc when the stretch starts now. It has helped with the late stage yellowing. It is normal later in flower, so don't be too concerned. Giving too much N now won't be beneficial and could hinder bud development. Every grow, especially different strains, is a learning experience. Each plant, even the same strain could need different watering schedules and nute requirements. I think she looks pretty good considering and you are worrying for nothing. When a leaf starts to yellow, I leave it on until there isnt any more green. I let the plant suck up as much out of it. Then I trim it off. I know everyone loves to see lush greenery throughout the grow, but that isn't always the case. And honestly, it's the buds that matter in the end. I don't smoke my fan leaves . If you have enough fan leaves, it shouldn't spread to the sugars hopefully. It's a bitch trimming out yellow/brown sugars. It definitely messes with the bag appeal. But all in all, good job so far.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yea man looking pretty good for ur 2nd grow :) I think your plant is looking mighty natural just like it’s suppose to :/ I know it’s counterintuitive to accept yellow leaves as normal.. but your plants doin just fine

• Like Like x 3
  13. Update -

She seemS to be yellowing super fast. Im reading a lot about how its normal during flowering, but i wouldnt imagine at this pace so early on?

It does say on Fastbuds website that GSC Auto is harvested in 8-9 weeks from seed and next week will be week 8 but buds still look like they can fill out.

What do you guys think of this?

[​IMG]

14. Also some of the small fan leaves with trichs on it are turning purple from the edges... normal? Heres a bud site with mini fan leaves turning purple and the photo after it is fan leaves right above it without purple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Normal.

Seems fastbuds die off hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bro, please - You have asked the same question over 2 days solid.
    We have all replied and told you not to worry.
    Please don't post the same question tomorrow.

17. I actually asked why the leaves were turning purple today, also, if you dont wanna answer the question you dont have to, i didnt put a gun to your head and make you log into grasscity to answer my post lol

18. I'm pretty sure this was posted today @ 8.22am mate - Asking the same question as yesterday, even though you were told by all, everything was ok (repeatedly). We don't mind helping mate but getting asked the same questions is frustrating and pointless. Just stop worrying and all will be well. As far as the gun goes, if u ask this question again, I will use it on myself!!!! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. I hate to hijack this thread but...what?
    Soil will naturally buffer to the correct PH?
    that's contrary to what I've read about what the range should be...what if it buffers to 7.5 and you should be between 6 and 7 with 6.5 being optimum?

I'm not dissing but just asking

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yes mate - Soil (as long as you don't use chemical nutes) will naturally buffer to the correct PH range.
    If you grow in soil, i'm surprised you didn't know this...Using ANY PH up/Down products will not help your plants!!!
    Have a read of the below mate -
    How to Adjust pH When Growing Organic Cannabis | Grow Weed Easy