Gimme some reggae!!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Still Smokin, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Im in the mood for some good reggae music, and I dont mean the usuals - marleys and other mainstream reggae stars. I was down in the keys for a dive trip this past weekend and heard some killer local reggae bands. What are some good reggae bands, artists, songs that you dont hear of in the mainstream... i heard that elephant man was decent?

2. JOHN BROWN'S BODY. One of the best newer reggae bands in my opinion. Download the songs "Full Control", "New Blood", "This is Not the End", "Make it Easy", or really anything else. But definitely get those songs.

Black Uruhu is a good 80's reggae band. Download anything from their cd "Red", and of course the song "Sinsemilla"

Burning Spear is a good Roots Reggae artist. Check out some stuff from him.

3. Buju Banton
    Barrington Levy
    Bushman
    Eek A Mouse (takes a bit of getting used to)
    Luciano
    Sizzla
    Ziggy/Damian/Stephen Marley. Mainstream yes, but extremely talented and all of them are always a great listen.

There's many more if you need them.

4. Yes this is old i know but when ever i see someone needing help with reggae music I AM THE MAN.

Sizzla
    Buju Banton
    Capleton
    Eek A Mouse
    Luciano
    Isasha (from trinidad only got 2 songs u can find...waiting for album to drop)
    Richie Spice (Marijuana one of his most popular songs)
    Chuck Fender
    Bascom X
    Gyptian
    Gentleman (white boy frum germany doin it big. deffinantly worth buyin)
    I Wayne
    Jah Cure
    Marlon Asher
    Morgan Heritage
    Steel Pulse
    Garnett Silk (some say he was the second comming of Bob Marley but died around 1995)
    Fantan Mojah
    Jah Mason
    Vybz Kartel

Many great reggae artists. Also Black Chiney is good like DJ mixes of songs.
    Elephantman sucks really bad all he does now is hump shit on stage so no elephantman isnt good